Notifications
Clear all

All Natural Whey Protein

MemberMember
(@athleticaestheticbeast)

Posted : 10/14/2013 6:49 am

Hey guys,

I wanted to know if taking an all natural whey protein has affected your skin. I'm currently 20 years old and been weight lifting since junior high when I was like 14. Acne is hereditary in my family. I started breaking out when I was in 6th grade. I always consumed dairy and when I reached 9th and 10th grade my acne became severe. I took accutane and it stopped my acne but left me with a lot of scars. Keep in mind I never stopped lifting weights. The longest break I took was 2-3 months so I'm pretty sure weightlifting didn't affect my skin much. 6 months after taking accutane I began breaking out. Granted, my diet was poor. I was eating junk food like crazy and drinking soda and of course consuming dairy. My acne pretty much came back but not as severe as it was before accutane. When I became a senior I began eating healthier and upon graduating I began eating more organic food. As a freshman in college I was still aware of the foods I was eating but couldn't afford to buy organic so I started eating whatever there was to eat. I decided it was time for a change so I got a good paying job, went to school part time and began eating organic 95% of the time cutting out red meat, junk food, sodas, and anything artificial. My skin got better. I only had like one or two pimples but never 100% clear skin. The only form of dairy I was getting is Greek yogurt, cheese, and whey protein. I stopped eating cheese and it got somewhat better and just recently I completely stopped eating dairy but still brokeout