Notifications
Clear all

Does Zinc Supplements Really Help?

MemberMember
(@eunicejinn)

Posted : 08/13/2013 10:39 pm

As I've searching over the net, like different ways how to remove acne, there is a forum that Zinc Supplements and Vitamin D together with proper regimen really helps fast! Is that true? If it really helps to remove acne/pimples, how much dosage is needed and what kind of Zinc Supplements is the best for acne? thanks!:)

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 08/13/2013 10:43 pm

Different treatments work for different people. But if your just going to take a zinc supplement I think 50mg a day is average and never go over 100mg a day.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/13/2013 10:55 pm

Topic moved to the diet and holistic health forum where I'm sure you will receive plenty of helpful responses. Please read the forum headings and descriptions before posting. Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/14/2013 12:56 am

zinc is good for most people who suffer from acne.i have a feeling it shows noticeable results for those who are actually deficient in zinc (that leads to acne).

also, vit b complex and vit c is good.

i was given CAPSULE that had all the three along with folic acid and nicotinamide which are good as well.specially the latter.

the amounts were light in concentration and not anything too heavy to handle.

some take vit D too and there's a thread dediicated to vit D dosage.

(use the search bar)

MemberMember
(@alenic07)

Posted : 08/14/2013 9:25 am

I've been taking Zinc for about six weeks and still no improvement. I am still having breakouts. Though, I am going to do it for three months to see if Zinc helps me.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/14/2013 2:02 pm

only zinc?

MemberMember
(@who-is-box)

Posted : 08/14/2013 5:26 pm

I have been taking it for a few days followed by vitamin d3 and have seen no difference. Looking back I feel like when I just ate healthy not worrying about my vitamins and stuff worked better but idk