Notifications
Clear all

Hyperpigmentation & Melasma Treatments

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/07/2013 11:06 pm

I have had these brownish dark spots under my eyes for a few months, and at first I thought it was just dark circles or hyperpigmentation but now I'm pretty sure they are melasma. I probably got it from hormonal imbalances since it started appearing in the wintertime, and I think it may have gotten worse with sunlight although I always wear sunscreen outside. Does anyone know anything that would help it? I'm hoping that by reducing stress and trying to balance my hormones naturally & with vitamin D it might fade a little bit on its own, but I'm not that optimistic about it. It's gotten to the point where I can't even use a concealer to hide it, and also mineral makeup seems to make it worse! I tried yogurt, honey, lemon juice, vitamin C, aloe, and niacinamide consistently, but I'm not sure if any of these is working. I need some more ideas...the under eye area is sensitive, so I'm trying to be careful with it.

I'm also still trying to figure out if estrogen dominance could have caused it, or if it's a delayed side effect from birth control pills which I stopped taking over 5 years ago... I have no idea!