Notifications
Clear all

Question On Taking Vit. B 5/pantothenic Acid With B-Complex

MemberMember
(@intothelight)

Posted : 06/12/2013 1:01 pm

I have decided to supplement with Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) as I have heard this vitamin can dramatically help acne. (I'm starting with 3 grams and will work my way up to 5 grams. Once I am clear, I plan to reduce the dose back down to 3 grams. I understand that in order for Pantothenic Acid to be effective and to prevent deficiency in the other B vitamins, I need to take a B-complex. However I have also read that B-complex is a huge acne trigger??? I am hoping though that that the higher dose of pantothenic acid will compensate for any negative affects the B-complex may have on my acne... I'm not sure what to think. What's your take on this? Anyone know anything about this topic?

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 06/12/2013 1:24 pm

If your gonna take b complex

Cut the pill in half and take in 3 days interval or twice a week as b6 & b12 tends to make acne worst.

FYI

Ppl report hairloss so keep that in mind.

MemberMember
(@itsoveryes)

Posted : 06/12/2013 9:46 pm

If you megadose b5, you will most likely go bald within a few years. I suggest you go here and see how you will look bald before proceeding. No girl should be using B5, at least guys can shave.

http://virtualheadshave.baldlygo.com/FreeVirtualHeadShaveGallery.htm

Here is my thread on the issue.

Here is a link to b5 induced hair loss that has continued for 8 years.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Hair-Loss-1012/2012/10/b5-hair-loss.htm

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:55 am

i took vit b complex(which also had vit c and zinc - brand zevit) for 6 weeks(as preacribed) plus 6 more weeks(on my own) and i have only seen good effects.

i used to use a hair tonic but i stopped using it for my derma said it might have side effects.

but i have not seen hair fall.in fact i am better than i was before the tonic.

i dnt have much hair fall,*touch wood*

this could be because i have been eating very well and living healthy.

but even if thats the case,the capsules dint have any negative effect at least!!

MemberMember
(@michaelbamford)

Posted : 06/13/2013 5:08 am

Last week i bought 'Now Pantothenic Acid B-5 500mg' I started breaking out bad on the 2nd day, and on the 3rd day i decided to stop taking it. I also bought 'Now Vitamin A 25,000 IU' and to be honest, I'm kinda anxious about taking that, it seems a lot and I'm anxious it might break me out, even worse. I'm thinking of waiting till my acne clears up, and then starting to take it.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/16/2013 11:42 am

The most balanced b-complex I found so far is solgar's b-complex stress formula with vitamin C. It doesn't have as high a % of B12 and B6 (the Bs that break most people out), and yet it still gave me a few tiny breakouts in places I don't normally break out crazy.gif

MemberMember
(@porelesskin)

Posted : 04/15/2014 6:43 am

I have decided to supplement with Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) as I have heard this vitamin can dramatically help acne. (I'm starting with 3 grams and will work my way up to 5 grams.

I take a very, very low dose of vitamin B complex (with vitamin C) which makes the skin texture amazing. Sometimes, I get a bit greedy and try to up the dosage and have the worst cystic breakouts. I also stop the intake every now and then, and mix the powder(by opening the capsule) along with my mud face masks( I have oily skin).

I also agree with itsoveryes about megadosing with B5. I tried it almost 6 years ago, and I started losing hair like crazy. And my skin went super dry, and yet oily(if that makes sense). I stopped it immediately. I have been on a trial and error method for so long, and the very few things that helped are as follows: 1. Eliminating dairy products

2. BP

3. Zinc+Mg+low doses of Chromium supplements

4. I also supplement with other vitamins every now and then, to correct the losses brought about by the vitamins I take on a regular basis.

5. Gallons and gallons of water early in the morning.(this has helped me tremendously since I haven't yet found the moisturizer for my oily skin).

6.I also take B complex(very low dose) + vitamin C

7. I try my best to avoid sugar.

8. trying to get away from tea and coffee addiction.

9. Peels every 4 months or so. I give a lot of time for my skin to heal. (I never do a peel when I have an active pimple)

10. Retin-A whenever I feel the need.

11. Facial steam every week. Sauna once a month.

Note: This is what helped ME. I have made my mistakes, and I have the scars to show for it. Everyone's skin is different, so go by what fits your regime.

MemberMember
(@porelesskin)

Posted : 04/23/2014 8:28 am

The

I see that you take Inositol. What kind do you take? How has it benefitted you?

I was wondering if I can take it since I have PCOS.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/23/2014 4:14 pm

The

I see that you take Inositol. What kind do you take? How has it benefitted you?

I was wondering if I can take it since I have PCOS.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Check out my thread with all the information here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/334249-inositols-impact-on-hormonal-acne/

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/23/2014 5:10 pm

i took vit b complex(which also had vit c and zinc - brand zevit) for 6 weeks(as preacribed) plus 6 more weeks(on my own) and i have only seen good effects.

Yes, Several years ago, before my diet changes, I took a similar supplement with good results. My skin was less oily & I rarely had any inflamed acne on my face.