Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Breakout From Macadamia Nuts?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/17/2013 3:54 pm

This macadamias are pure monounsaturated fat (think olive oil or avocados), have nonexistant carbs (7 grams per 1 cup), and do not have nearly as much phytic acid is all other nuts, it seems to me that macadamias are an ideal food that won't cause breakouts.

I am trying to figure out if they break me out... but it is hard for me to tell what foods do indeed break me out.

Anyone else suffer from breakouts from macadamia nuts

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 05/17/2013 4:08 pm

when i eat too many nuts, i do breakout. it is that way with some people, ive been like that since i was a teen. the worse offenders are peanuts, cashews nuts, pistachios and yes, macadamia.

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 05/17/2013 4:29 pm

Almost all nuts other than almonds flair up my eczema. Chestnuts and walnuts don't give me a reaction, but in large quantities they will eventually.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/17/2013 5:31 pm

when i eat too many nuts, i do breakout. it is that way with some people, ive been like that since i was a teen. the worse offenders are peanuts, cashews nuts, pistachios and yes, macadamia.

Regarding the macadamias, how many would you have to eat in order to breakout?

Almost all nuts other than almonds flair up my eczema. Chestnuts and walnuts don't give me a reaction, but in large quantities they will eventually.

How many nuts do you have to consume before getting a reaction?

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 05/17/2013 6:43 pm

How many nuts do you have to consume before getting a reaction?

Well, keep in mind that if I had a clone of myself that just happened to be larger/thinner, there may be a difference in the reaction. Typically I am healthy. I've never been overweight, I've fasted at my convenience, I've never sat down longer than a few hours a day, and I've never drank alcohol/smoked cigarettes in my life. I am stress free (for the past 5+ years) and sleep very well. Ideally, people who have one or more of these issues may block the reaction time to both their brain and their skin. The speed and the potency of my reactions is determined by how I am doing overall.

With that said and getting back to my eczema reaction when it comes to nuts, it only takes about 2 to 6 hours depending if my stomach is full or not. The larger and/or more stressed you are, the more your reaction may be delayed. I discovered over the past couple of months that tomatoes and peppers were slowly aggravating my eczema to a point when it was boiling hot to the touch and firetruck red. As soon as I figured that out, I stopped the tomatoes/peppers. Two weeks ago my arms and fingers were practically normal toned (white) again... but I ate a small handful of mixed nuts from a friend at work. They were salted and roasted. Four hours later my arm suddenly became halfway red and inflamed/itchy. To me, the reaction to eating mixed nuts was far faster than the reaction to eating a tomato, and was unfortunately much more violent. However, while I was staying away from tomatoes last moth, I had a few unsalted almonds from my father. Nothing happened. I also had some bagged/moist chest nuts from an oriental market about five weeks ago from another friend. The rash didn't flair up, but the skin where the eczema was tingled a bit and I ended up scratching it. It only lasted two days. I can only assume that in larger quantities, there may be a larger reaction.Everyone is different, including how violent their reactions are. I only know this because I keep a detailed log about what I eat and what time I ate it.