Notifications
Clear all

*** ~ Looking For Studies That Show Certain Food Are Conducive To Production Of Acne ~ ***

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 05/16/2013 10:16 pm

it is well known that food is a nonfactor in causing to the majority of people.

im looking for RELIABLE research to support the case that certain foods can cause acne. thank you.

help cure acne --

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/17/2013 2:37 pm

As far as I know, dairy is the only 'specific food' that has been studied and found to 'cause' acne.

But that is not the only way diet affects acne. high glycemic meals, inflammatory foods, anything you are intolerant too, lack of nutrients, etc all screw up hormones and increase the level of chronic inflammation and lead to acne. And lifestyle habits/conditions like sleep, physical activity, stress management and circadian cycle also affect those things.

Also, Cordain, the paleo guru, believes that grains and legumes inhibit enzymes necessary to dissolve the intracellular matrix and allow normal exfoliation without clogging pores. He cites some studies but not in the body of the text so it's hard to match up his claims to research.

See the pinned clinical studies thread. Also, the ZAG enzyme thread for info on Cordain's claims, lectins and normal desquammation.

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 2:47 pm

all the other things are known to have negative effects generally, but any RELIABLE studies directly showing a clear correlation between high glycemic meals to acne?/

gurus are garbage. they have no idea what they're doing. just unsophisticated profiteers is basically it. please don't mention "gurus" or anything worthless when we're looking for reliable scientific studies.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:01 pm

any RELIABLE studies directly showing a clear correlation between high glycemic meals to acne?/

/size]

.???? There have been many and are easy to find. You can start with the Clinical Studies thread pinned right there at the top of this forum.

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:12 pm

only care for the most reliable ones, dont have time to look through all of them

you can just link the top 2 on the milk topic, or the Best meta-analysis one from Harvard, Stanford, MIT, John Hopkins, etc. would be good

this thread asks for a specific studies, not a whole bunch

there's a whole bunch of tv shows, doesnt mean most or any are good

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:22 pm

only care for the most reliable ones, dont have time to look through all of them

you can just link the top 2 on the milk topic, or the Best meta-analysis one from Harvard, Stanford, MIT, John Hopkins, etc. would be good

What makes you think I have time to do this for you?

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:29 pm

it's like when google are making auto-driving cars and person B is a bicycle thief is peddling bike tires at a bike shop, and writes to goolge, what makes you think i have time to find the perfect baby seat for you. it's not like the bike person knows much about baby seats anyhow, so google will just go back to important things.

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 9:05 pm

start reading -- http://www.acne.org/diet-and-acne.html

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 06/07/2013 6:31 pm

conduct experiments on yourself and see the relationships.

youll need a control period then a period where you change the variable in question, then compare the two periods to make your decision about the variable/food in question. that's science. basically the difference between the control period and the test/experimental period is the variable in question. if you change one other thing it would be a fair evaluation, if you noticed a difference between the two periods, it could have been either variable that you switched.

a one day control and test period should yield some results, but longer is best like 3-5 days to see differences.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/08/2013 1:09 pm

Yeah. Read that when it was created. There are some good studies in that. And a lot of completely unfounded conclusions.

He does state his bias at the end. He claims HIS acne increased again (after clearing from diet changes) as whatever weight Loss HE experienced leveled off. And so, in the first paragraph, he says that YOU probably will experience the same. Unfounded conclusion.

Anspd thn he quit the diet and wrote that section, rather than keeping it up to see what happens.

My acne only returns when my diet worsens.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/08/2013 3:19 pm

Yeah. Read that when it was created. There are some good studies in that. And a lot of completely unfounded conclusions.

He does state his bias at the end. He claims HIS acne increased again (after clearing from diet changes) as whatever weight Loss HE experienced leveled off. And so, in the first paragraph, he says that YOU probably will experience the same. Unfounded conclusion.

Anspd thn he quit the diet and wrote that section, rather than keeping it up to see what happens.

If you ate junk food, but not oranges... would your acne still return?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/08/2013 9:09 pm

Yes. If my diet habits worsen, the acne worsens.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/08/2013 10:10 pm

What if you consume junk food here and there?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/09/2013 8:18 am

No. If I eat mostly very well, I can also eat nearly anything else. That is how i eat. The only exception is the citrus that cause me to break out in cysts. Can't do that.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/09/2013 6:29 pm

No. If I eat mostly very well, I can also eat nearly anything else. That is how i eat. The only exception is the citrus that cause me to break out in cysts. Can't do that.

do non organic veggies give you acne?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/09/2013 6:42 pm

No. The only thing that noticeably gives me acne are the citrus fruits and poor diet baits. Habits being the impotant word there.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/09/2013 9:48 pm

No. The only thing that noticeably gives me acne are the citrus fruits and poor diet baits. Habits being the impotant word there.

What about stress, sleeping late, and limiting sun exposure?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/11/2013 7:04 am

What makes you think I have time to do this for you?

TROLL!!

BEWARE!!