Notifications
Clear all

Pumpkin Seeds = Zinc? Why Is It Not On The Label?

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 05/11/2013 8:32 pm

Shopping for pumpkin seeds today I noticed that none of the labels had any mention of zinc (roasted, shelled, raw, etc) but I read everywhere that pumpkin seeds are one of the best ways to get zinc.

What's the deal here?

MemberMember
(@timpulse)

Posted : 05/11/2013 10:42 pm

As far as I can tell, only vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium & iron are mandatory for nutrition labels (plus all the other stuff: calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, etc.). A lot of labels don't include the optional vitamins and minerals. Labels for fish don't mention anything about vitamin D. Not sure why. Maybe to save space/money?

At least that has come to be my understanding of it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 05/11/2013 11:08 pm

Makes sense, thanks.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/12/2013 7:33 am

I've never seen pumpkin seeds in packages with la

As far as I can tell, only vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium & iron are mandatory for nutrition labels (plus all the other stuff: calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, etc.). A lot of labels don't include the optional vitamins and minerals. Labels for fish don't mention anything about vitamin D. Not sure why. Maybe to save space/money?

At least that has come to be my understanding of it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/12/2013 10:00 am

Shopping for pumpkin seeds today I noticed that none of the labels had any mention of zinc (roasted, shelled, raw, etc) but I read everywhere that pumpkin seeds are one of the best ways to get zinc.

What's the deal here?

Instead of pumpkin seeds try geting pumpkin seed oil more potent source of zinc.