Notifications
Clear all

Homeopathic Medicine

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/10/2013 8:23 am

So as soon as my skin got clear of active acne, the pores on my cheeks started becoming clogged again with closed comedones which started turning a few into cysts. I was at the vitamin shoppe and saw they have pills just for acne (which you usually think are just scams), so spur of the moment I thought why not. First off I will say they are expensive, $25 for 60 pills and you have to take 2-4 pills a day till your acne clears then 2 for maintenance. There is a money back guarantee though so if it doesn't work for you I guess no loss. I'm not here because I'm getting paid by a company either, I'm just always looking for a supplement to help with acne since I already eat extremely healthy. So the first couple days I took 2 pills in the morning and 2 at night. All the clogged pores are gone now after a week and the cysts are almost gone, so weird, because I've never had anything get rid of them so fast, not even antibiotics. I'm going to keep taking them for a couple months though to make sure it's not just a fluke.

Here's the ingredients list, which is kind of vague,

Natrum Muriaticum 6C, 12C, 30C; Kali Bromatum 6X, 12X, 30C; Thuja Occidentalis 30C; Arsenicum Bromatum 4C, 9C, 12C; Tuberculinum Residuum 6C; Calcarea Picrata 6X, 12X, 30X; Sulphur Iodatum 6X, 12X; Aloe Vera 10X; Calcarea Sulphurica, Kali Sulphuricum 6X; Viola Tricolor 1X. In a base of: L-Cystine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Cysteine, PABA, Radix Angelicae Sinesis, Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae, Herbalamnae, Pyridoxine HCL, Magnesium Oxide, Methionine bound Zinc, Retinol, Beta Carotene, Ergocalciferol, Gelatin, Rice Flour, and Dextrose.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/10/2013 9:02 am

PABA?

PABA?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/10/2013 9:07 am

paba stands for para aminobenzoic acid. Helps with the synthesis of folate.

PABA?

PABA?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/10/2013 12:45 pm

i know bt isnt it said to bad.

like for example they ask us to use sunscreens without PABA.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/10/2013 5:01 pm

PABA is an antioxidant naturally sourced in wheat germ, yogurt, spinach, molasses... it's beneficial when ingested and not the same as a topical. Like I said it helps the body process folate, that's it's main function. It's common in ayurvedic medicine.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 05/10/2013 7:07 pm

whats it called? i have a vitamin shoppe be and clogged pores plague m something awful

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/11/2013 6:41 am

It's called 'Clearin' Can check it out on the vitamin shoppe website too

whats it called? i have a vitamin shoppe be and clogged pores plague m something awful

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/11/2013 8:21 am

can we have it if we have capsules like zinc or multicitamin capsules.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/13/2013 7:40 pm

can we have it if we have capsules like zinc or multicitamin capsules.

I stopped taking my other vitamins when I started taking this since I don't want to overdose on them and it already contains zinc and some other standard vitamins.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/14/2013 4:16 am

most say that efficiency or action of homeopathic meds is stopped by other kind of meds specially allopathic meds.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/14/2013 6:37 pm

most say that efficiency or action of homeopathic meds is stopped by other kind of meds specially allopathic meds.

I figured this which is why I stopped my other vitamin regimen. Seems to be working, I still got one bad pimple when I started my period but nothing major yet.