Notifications
Clear all

Betaine Hcl

MemberMember
(@leitot)

Posted : 04/25/2013 9:30 pm

Hi all,

I cannot seem to find what I am looking for by searching on the site. There are a few reasons I want to try Betaine HCL for my mild to moderate acne including a previous history of stomach pain, vaginal infections etc. I mentioned in another post that lemon water first thing in the morning seemed to help my acne somewhat, someone suggested I try Betaine HCL since lemon stimulates HCL production.

For those of you who have tried Betaine HCL, did you experience any purging? For how long? And how long did it take for you to see results?

Thanks,

Leia

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/25/2013 9:57 pm

I tried betaine HCL, took it once, then never again after some negative GI reactions. It might have been fine if I stuck with it, but I went with ACV instead. Which was fine, it made my weird 8-hours-after-meals-burping-spree go away almost instantly, but did nothing for my acne after 3Tb a day divided into 2 doses for 3 weeks.

I would try ACV first maybe, since it's probably milder and has a good number of side benefits

MemberMember
(@leitot)

Posted : 04/26/2013 8:48 am

Your username makes me think of Final Fantasy :) Thank you for sharing your experience. I don't have any immediate rxn to BHCL but we'll see how it goes after a few days. I am only taking one tablet 625mg at dinner, presently. In the morning I still use the lemon juice.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/26/2013 9:05 am

I think you are better off stimulating your own production.

MemberMember
(@leitot)

Posted : 04/26/2013 8:39 pm

I think you are better off stimulating your own production.

I agree, but I thought I would try this as a quick fix to see if it would help. I am also not sure how to stimulate my own production. Should I just try lemon water before each meal? I had started doing that but stopped because I was having heartburn. Now I know the heartburn was due to me drinking green smoothies. The fiber was the culprit.

I am reading up on ways to naturally produce more stomach acid but I can't quite figure it out because low stomach acid causes bacterial overgrowth. Bacterial overgrowth causes low stomach acid. Which one do I try to address first!??!?!