Notifications
Clear all

Following Diet For 3 Months - Can't Keep Weight On

MemberMember
(@mike06)

Posted : 04/11/2013 2:26 pm

I am 25 years old and have always had a super fast metabolism. I am very lean and was always able to stay lean even when eating fast food. I have been going to the gym regularly for years and when I eat enough, I am easily able to add muscle. 3 months ago I cut out all fast food and anything processed and have been eating an anti-inflammatory diet based off of whole foods. I eat a lot of oatmeal, salmon, veggies, steel cut oats, sweet potatoes, walnuts, fruit, beans, and other stuff like that but most of this stuff is not high in calories and is very filling. It is extremely hard to eat over maintenance calories with these foods. My skin is doing better but I am losing a ton of weight and fast. I was a very lean 170 pounds at 6 foot only 3 months ago. Now I am 153 pounds and am starting to look bad and my strength is plummeting.

I was wondering if any other guys had any tips to combat this while still sticking to a good diet? I have been looking at weight gainers but most of them are filled with processed crap and sugar. I do not want my skin to get bad again but I am starting to look like a skeleton.

MemberMember
(@winter09)

Posted : 04/11/2013 6:14 pm

My son is having the same problem he is 20 and 6ft I dont know how much he weighs right now but he has definately lost weight since stopping all the junk food, before this it was hard for him to put on weight he would have to eat a ton of junk food to gain weight but that isnt an option anymore, he is not super strict with his diet but his eating habits have improved greatly.

I had purchased a plain rice protein powder to add to his smoothie but he says it taste horrible , I know they have flavored rice protein vanilla and cholcolate which might taste better so maybe you could try that. Right now the most important thing is to keep the acne far far away. I also add walnut oil to his smoothie which helps put more calories and fat in his body its suppose to be good for acne since it has lots of Omega.

MemberMember
(@username22)

Posted : 04/11/2013 8:28 pm

dude. just eat more of everything. the answer is honestly that simple, idk what you want to hear... rice, chicken, protein shakes all day (look into protein sludge.... soooo good, i dont drink shakes anymore). weight gainers are laughably terrible. and walnuts aren't anti inflammatory...

MemberMember
(@winter09)

Posted : 04/14/2013 2:35 am

Walnut Oil is anti imflammatory.

MemberMember
(@asker)

Posted : 04/14/2013 4:53 am

Try coconut oil, it works both ways, regulating your weight. Also you haven't provided a clear diet, so it's hard to say what's wrong but look I eat vegetarian, sugar-free yadi yada food and I gain weight, while exercising.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 04/14/2013 11:49 am

Try home made dairy kefir. If you don't break out than it will help you gain weight.