Notifications
Clear all

Food Intolerance Testing

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 04/03/2013 6:04 am

I have been tested for allergies before, but NOTHING came up. (skin prick test)...

But this isn't the same thing as an IgG test right?

Where can I get one, and are they expensive?

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 04/03/2013 9:06 am

hey hun

i did the skin allergy test, and it all came back fine and the second time i repeated the test, crab came up as highly allergic.

I think you should look into intolerance testing, its different to allergy tests. I got the test for 200+ foods and the usual stuff came up (cows milk, egg white, tomato, potato, nectarines etc). Basically a few items in red which means you have to eliminate it for a few weeks. Then a few in orange, which means its neutral but your better off without it and just restrict it and then the items n green which means they are not inflaming your body.

Basically the test just confirmed everything we read in books, that gluten/wheat and dairy inflame our bodies. But i also heard those tests will change every 3 months. i know the tests i took were expensive but i was able to get it done on insurance. There are some companies where you go the finger prick test and send off for it, and they send you a booklet with your results.

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 04/03/2013 3:10 pm

hey hun

i did the skin allergy test, and it all came back fine and the second time i repeated the test, crab came up as highly allergic.

I think you should look into intolerance testing, its different to allergy tests. I got the test for 200+ foods and the usual stuff came up (cows milk, egg white, tomato, potato, nectarines etc). Basically a few items in red which means you have to eliminate it for a few weeks. Then a few in orange, which means its neutral but your better off without it and just restrict it and then the items n green which means they are not inflaming your body.

Basically the test just confirmed everything we read in books, that gluten/wheat and dairy inflame our bodies. But i also heard those tests will change every 3 months. i know the tests i took were expensive but i was able to get it done on insurance. There are some companies where you go the finger prick test and send off for it, and they send you a booklet with your results.

Hey you :)

Thanks for responding. Where did you go to get tested, and what test did you get? Also, did you notice any improvement/changes from eliminating these foods?

thanks!

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/04/2013 1:32 am

I got my test done through a homeopathic doctor. I had some sensitivities, and did not experience improvement from eliminating those foods. I think now that I was sensitive because of some sort of pathogen-motivated leaky gut. I'm taking colostrum, which has improved by reaction to eating any and all foods considerably after 1 week. My chest acne is about clear, although my face clogged pores remain, for now. Colostrum apparently is great for fixing leaky gut.

Hope that helps :)

Also btw just so you know colostrum gives me more inflammatory acne because of the IGF-1. It was worse in the beginning but has calmed down a little. I still get some though

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 04/04/2013 4:49 am

I got my test done through a homeopathic doctor. I had some sensitivities, and did not experience improvement from eliminating those foods. I think now that I was sensitive because of some sort of pathogen-motivated leaky gut. I'm taking colostrum, which has improved by reaction to eating any and all foods considerably after 1 week. My chest acne is about clear, although my face clogged pores remain, for now. Colostrum apparently is great for fixing leaky gut.

Hope that helps smile.png

Also btw just so you know colostrum gives me more inflammatory acne because of the IGF-1. It was worse in the beginning but has calmed down a little. I still get some though

Thanks! This helps a lot :)

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 04/04/2013 12:05 pm

I did the foodprint test, i did it through the clinic i go to. To be honest i never ate those foods much, i wasn't even surprised when i saw the list. Except I saw aloe vera, which i had been drinking everyday for a year... i guess they say if you have to much of it in your system, it shows up on these tests as inflammation? Because your body gets used to it somehow.

My digestion was better with aloe. I was never into dairy to be honest, i do have coffee occasionally with a bit of milk, or like, some white cheese on occasion but i'm not a big dairy eater. I can happily live without it. I bake sometimes, mostly for friends and family so i have to use butter but i try to avoid eating too much because i do notice my skin gets worse a little bit worse with dairy. I still like yogurt though.

I honestly don't think I could live in fear of food. I was on this medication for my pcos called metformin and it seemed to have this effect on me - everytime i ate something minutely sugary, or ANYTHING, i would react and break out. My skin went from oKAY to bad on it, and since i cut out the metformin it doesn't affect me much anymore, i dont live in fear of eating foods. Of course i still believe food affects your internal health, and your skin is a reflection of what is going on but for me there was no way to potentially control my skin without the use of the pill. Accutane was and is the absolute last resort. Being into healthy eating and all, the thought of putting something like accutane in my body scares me.

potatoes also showed up. I do actually feel sluggish when i have them. Though i dont know if thats because they are potatoes - doesn't everyone feel that way after having them ?!

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/05/2013 3:23 am

yeah potatoes have tons of carbs, pretty much all starch, so you're bound to get a crash if you eat a lot of them