Notifications
Clear all

Raw Food Diet - My Skin Not Oily At All After A Week!

MemberMember
(@squirrelsquirrel)

Posted : 04/01/2013 5:44 am

Guys, for those who are struggling: there is hope! I have started a raw food diet about a week ago and my skin improved so dramatically I think I might just have cured my acne! I am 35 yrs old and have had acne and oily skin all my life.

I eat mostly raw fruit and vegetables (about 70-80% of my diet) and some hard-boiled eggs and canned fish. I eat no meat, no dairy, no bread or grains (except very small amount of oats with my morning shake). I eat nuts and seeds in small quantities and I never use oil on salads. I also eat cooked beans and lentils, about a can a day.

My skin stopped being oily only after a week of doing this and I saw that quite a few people on youtube have reported similar results, with pics. In the last tow days I have not had a single pimple come up on my face and it stopped getting flaky. It seemed to have regained its natural healthy hue; kind of like the inflammation is not there anymore.

On top of that, my depression and mood swings went away, just like that and I'm full of energy and very upbeat; I just don't worry! I feel very clear in my mind and focused.

I think I have ran into an actual cure for acne.. If you guys are suffering, do your research.

My meal plan (I have 4 meals a day):

breakfast shake: banana, apple, raw celery, raw carrots, spoonful of sunflower seeds, 2 spoonfuls of oats. Can add spinach, papaya, mango, cucumber, etc.

lunch- 2 boiled eggs or a can of lentils/beans, a big plate of raw fruit and veg. You can have raw broccoli, sugar snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, peppers, etc.

dinner - a can of fish and again a big plate of raw veg/fruit, maybe some nuts

evening snack - mostly raw fruit and veg, some nuts ( I love pecans:-)

Oh yeah, and I'm losing weight on this too:-)

You can try eating raw for a week and see what it does for you. I guarantee that you will see the results!!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/01/2013 8:46 am

i live with my parents(in india) and eating raw or many other things is always not possible.but how does raw veggies cooked or uncooked differ??

also i mean to live healthy.

also,considering one eats raw(completely).for how long can u continue?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 04/02/2013 7:10 am

I'm glad you're eating healthy and feeling better. But the title is misleading. Your diet is in no way a "raw food diet."

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 04/02/2013 8:53 am

On top of that, my depression and mood swings went away, just like that and I'm full of energy and very upbeat; I just don't worry! I feel very clear in my mind and focused.

I think I have ran into an actual cure for acne.. If you guys are suffering, do your research.

I think you have it backwards. You had so much faith in this method, you started feeling really good, and cheered yourself up. Which has helped your acne.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/02/2013 10:39 am

I'm glad you're eating healthy and feeling better. But the title is misleading. Your diet is in no way a "raw food diet."

Yes, that's what I was going to say. It includes cooked beans and fish. And while some cooking at low temps such as what occurs in food dehydrators, and vitamixes is allowed, beans need to be boiled. And it;s unlikely that the canned fish was cooked slowly at low temps.

I think you have it backwards. You had so much faith in this method, you started feeling really good, and cheered yourself up. Which has helped your acne.

Not necessarily. Diet does have a huge impact on mood and that has an impact on acne, sure. But the diet also has a much more direct impact on acne by affecting hormone balance and chronic inflammation levels.

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 04/02/2013 12:10 pm

I'm glad you're seeing results with this. Two things to consider:

• Canned food isn't the healthiest option. Why not buy fresh beans and lentils (they're very cheap) and boil them at home? Fresh fish is also easy to prepare.
  • Is this diet sustainable? To keep acne at bay and to maintain good health do you see yourself eating this way in the long term?

Good luck and continue to keep us updated on your results!

MemberMember
(@squirrelsquirrel)

Posted : 06/03/2013 11:49 am

I think there is something in this.. I think the way I felt, psychologically, was probably the most important factor. I have felt like I have found 'it', the solution to all my problems.

I'm not so sure about it now. My diet has been fluctuating and my acne was fluctuating too and after the initial euphoria, it started coming back.

At the moment I am not sure what works and what doesn't. I feel I need to wipe the slate clean and start again.

MemberMember
(@janetjoseph67)

Posted : 06/07/2013 1:34 am

Well, there is no harm in trying. Nothing else seems to be really helping, so I might as well also try this diet and see if it helps.