Notifications
Clear all

Can Vitamin B Complex Cause Acne

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 02/19/2013 1:08 am

I take 1 tablet of Vitamin B complex every morning, along with other supplements from what my nutritionist recommended, the Vitamin B complex does include Biotin in it (it says 500mg) so I was just wondering, does vitamin b complex cause acne and hairloss? I'm 18 and noticed my hair a bit thiner then it usually is, I usually have thick hair and what not.

If vitamin b complex is bad, is it ok to stop it instantly or do you have to go slow off it? thanks.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/19/2013 9:10 am

I take 1 tablet of Vitamin B complex every morning, along with other supplements from what my nutritionist recommended, the Vitamin B complex does include Biotin in it (it says 500mg) so I was just wondering, does vitamin b complex cause acne and hairloss? I'm 18 and noticed my hair a bit thiner then it usually is, I usually have thick hair and what not.

If vitamin b complex is bad, is it ok to stop it instantly or do you have to go slow off it? thanks.

Actually B5 can cause hair growth so I would go see a doctor, maybe have your vitamin levels checked. Too much B12 can cause acne!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/19/2013 9:56 am

A b-complex with C & zinc was the first thing I ever noticed improving my skin.

You aren't taking a mega dose are you?

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/14/2013 8:00 am

B vitamins excessively, especially in supplement form are a no go! I would OD my multivitamin, taking 3 at once cause I was all like, better more than less....such a bad idea!eusa_wall.gif

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/14/2013 5:51 pm

The most balanced B complex I found on the market was solgar's stress formula b complex with vitamin C, and even that gave me small whiteheads in areas where I don't normally break out (only from supplements that bother me). Usually b complex formulas, even the raw food kind, have too much B12 and B6, while the other Bs are at a much lower %. Who needs 4000% of B12 daily, unless they have a serious condition? I'm anemic and even I don't need that much in a day.

MemberMember
(@sunsetismellow)

Posted : 06/14/2013 6:09 pm

Yes!! It does i took b12 Beacuse its suppouse to help with nervous system or something ( i took advice from my mom ) since she said it wuld help. And bam! Got the worst acne of my life right now:/