Notifications
Clear all

Update!

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 02/14/2013 10:42 pm

Hi! It's been a long time since I've been on this website, for the most part due to my life becoming very hectic! D:

I just wanted to say that I think I am well on my way to being clear by the end of this year! Here's some changes I made in my diet that I think everyone should ponder on. NO, I'M NOT SAYING THIS WILL WORK FOR EVERYONE 😉 I just think these changes have made a major influence on my skin's improvement.

I QUIT EATING EGGS!

I learned not too long ago that eggs are SUPER inflammatory-inducing... Which automatically means I don't have the desire to consume them anymore!

I STARTED EATING MORE RAW GREEN THINGS

And on the topic of green, consider CHLOROPHYLL to detoxify your body, your gut, and YOUR SKIN!

I STOPPED EATING MOST ANIMAL BASED PRODUCTS

No, I'm not a vegetarian, vegan, whateveran... I don't like restrictive diets!!! I just think that the more things you eat that are beneficial to you will push out the things that aren't from your diet... Until you've got a perfect YOU diet. One you customized for your body! That's what I'm working on now.

I'll get some pictures posted. I'm faaaar from perfect. My skin is definitely not clear. However In the past month alone I have seen some major improvements and just wanted to post about them here!

I was always very reluctant towards and skeptical of the raw foods thing... But now I am seriously considering the value of eating raw, whole foods!

I think the key is to eat foods the way they were meant to be! Not isolated (i.e. fructose, HFCS, whey isolate, yadda yadda yadda)

What do you guys think??

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 02/16/2013 9:18 am

Good start.

I just wanted to comment a bit:

When I first started diet modification in 2010 I found cutting out meat helped significantly also.

Later on I found out grass fed meats and pastured poultry/eggs did not worsen, but actually helped my skin. However at $8 / lb when bought online ($13 - $14 / lb in stores), it wasn't something easy to obtain.

Next thing I wanted to say, I'm glad you're very optimistic. Keep that attitude, however you might find some stumbling blocks along the way. It's already 2013, I started in 2010, and I'm *almost clear.

Cutting out certain foods cleared me up (from severe to mild acne) in bursts/cycles. Then it stalled and I couldn't figure out why. However every time I made another large improvement was through a diet change.

Right now I'm in my last phase - I think I found my "jackpot" diet finally. I've got 2 dried out pimples left.. a long way from getting 5 - 6 pimples / day.

Raw foods diet - didn't work for me, nor did it work for my wallet. However I eat most things raw - avocado, egg yolks, coconut, cocoa, etc.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/16/2013 9:48 am

Eggs are moderately inflammatory while being a very nutrient dense food and probably less inflammatory when you get them from pastured hens. Unless you are intolerant to them, eat them, especially the yolk. Just about all seeds are far more inflammatory. As is sugar, hydrogenated/trans fats, anything you are intolerant to... Avoid those.