Notifications
Clear all

Am I Doing The B5 Thing Right?

MemberMember
(@zitmonster3000)

Posted : 02/12/2013 5:47 pm

So I have severe acne. Severe to the point where I hate everything. My skin is just horrible and it's been like this for months. Now. My cheeks always hurt and I get whiteheads throughout the day.

Here's my question.

I recently bought 500 mg of pantothenic acid

I also got l-carnitine and a vitamin b complex

As a topical cleanser I have proactiv just because it's worked for me in the past

Here's the story

Yesterday I took 10g of vitamin b-5 and 500mg of l-carnitine and took 1 pill of bitamin b complex

I washed my face 2x a day as it is directed from proactiv. Am I doing everything right? When will I see results?

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 02/12/2013 5:52 pm

I started with just B5 and I was taking 6-10g a day and it was helping a bit. Then I introduced L-carnitine, 500 mg a day, and lowered the B5 dose to 3 g a day, and my acne got a bit better. I honestly think the L-carnitine took care of my candida... the white on my tongue went away and my bowel movements showed evidence of die-off for a bit then it went away. I also was getting headaches and other die off symptoms.

Then I read that L-cysteine was better than L-carnitine, so I started taking that, and have been ever since. At first I did a 2:1 ratio, where I was taking 1-2 g of B5 a day, and half of that in L-cysteine. Then my skin started getting oily again, though the acne was clearing up better than ever, so I switched to a 1:1 ratio, and I've been golden ever since. My skin currently looks the best it has in years. I'm still taking the L-crnitine, just until the bottle runs out.

Don't take the B complex. There are a few in there that can cause acne.

I don't wash my face with anything but water, and only do so once a day. I make sure to rub the oil off my face with my hands, when in the shower.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@zitmonster3000)

Posted : 02/12/2013 6:17 pm

I started with just B5 and I was taking 6-10g a day and it was helping a bit. Then I introduced L-carnitine, 500 mg a day, and lowered the B5 dose to 3 g a day, and my acne got a bit better. I honestly think the L-carnitine took care of my candida... the white on my tongue went away and my bowel movements showed evidence of die-off for a bit then it went away. I also was getting headaches and other die off symptoms.

Then I read that L-cysteine was better than L-carnitine, so I started taking that, and have been ever since. At first I did a 2:1 ratio, where I was taking 1-2 g of B5 a day, and half of that in L-cysteine. Then my skin started getting oily again, though the acne was clearing up better than ever, so I switched to a 1:1 ratio, and I've been golden ever since. My skin currently looks the best it has in years. I'm still taking the L-crnitine, just until the bottle runs out.

I don't wash my face with anything but water, and only do so once a day. I make sure to rub the oil off my face with my hands, when in the shower.

Good luck!

Good luck!

How long did this take you?

MemberMember
(@mikito)

Posted : 04/11/2013 7:51 am

Exister, could you please tell me the dosage you are taking after your changes? I didn't understand well ( European) you said you change from l- carnitine to l-cysteine, and the ratio B5/carnitine 1:1. So, does it mean you are actually taking 1 g B5 + 1 g l- carnitine o l-cysteyne? Are you still acne free?

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 04/11/2013 10:14 am

I stopped taking it all. Any positive results I saw were a product of the placebo effect.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 04/11/2013 2:58 pm

I been taking b5 for 4 months now not a single zit in a whole month ( March) and same as April. I started 9 grams now I'm at 4 grams. Haven't experienced any side effects so far. Next months I'll be at 2 grams.