Notifications
Clear all

What Is Generally Worse

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/30/2013 7:05 pm

Eating a lot of food everday, half healthy half junk (junk can be classified as wheat, rice, grains etc). Or eat very little food but only food the gut can handle (veggies fruits meats healthy fats)

For example, i weigh 125 lbs and i am 5 foot 10. If i eat really healthy (i.e. paleo) i can hardly get 1.2k cals to 1.4 k. If do the first option i can eat 2k +ncals ez. But i cannot tell which of the two options are worst for my acne. My acne seems to worsen and improve on both diets..

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 01/30/2013 8:17 pm

Eating garbage is never a good thing

Going paleo sounds good, but why restrict your intake?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/30/2013 8:21 pm

Hard to eat a lot on paleo. And if i eat lots of fat my acne worsens

Hard to eat a lot on paleo. And if i eat lots of fat my acne worsens

MemberMember
(@username22)

Posted : 01/30/2013 10:38 pm

bleh i was typing up a big thing but it ended up getting way off topic lol.

something in your 'healthy' diet still isn't working for you. maybe post exactly what you eat day to day?

for instance, i've been eating as healthy as i can (balanced omega 3/6, gluten free, very little sugar, no fastfood/takeout/snack/processed food) while still getting 3.5-4k cals a day and my acne has significantly improved but still not perfect yet. at the end of last week i switched white rice for brown and i'm significantly clearer now. so that little change to my already 'healthy' diet might be the answer for me (hopefully!!).

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/31/2013 3:21 am

something in your 'healthy' diet still isn't working for you. maybe post exactly what you eat day to day?

for instance, i've been eating as healthy as i can (balanced omega 3/6, gluten free, very little sugar, no fastfood/takeout/snack/processed food) while still getting 3.5-4k cals a day and my acne has significantly improved but still not perfect yet. at the end of last week i switched white rice for brown and i'm significantly clearer now. so that little change to my already 'healthy' diet might be the answer for me (hopefully!!).

Wow 3.54k to 4k calories a day? How?!?

Please post exactly what you eat on a given day?'

did you ever take oral antibiotics for your acne?

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/31/2013 4:43 am

Eating a lot of food everday, half healthy half junk (junk can be classified as wheat, rice, grains etc). Or eat very little food but only food the gut can handle (veggies fruits meats healthy fats)

For example, i weigh 125 lbs and i am 5 foot 10. If i eat really healthy (i.e. paleo) i can hardly get 1.2k cals to 1.4 k. If do the first option i can eat 2k +ncals ez. But i cannot tell which of the two options are worst for my acne. My acne seems to worsen and improve on both diets..

You classify rice as junk? Why is that?

My advice to you just cut the junk out and eat when u feel hungry. By the way, by junk, i don't mean rice.

Everyone is different.

Just because someone is eating 3k plus cals a day doesn't mean you can. Everyones metabolic capacity is different.

Ask this guy to write exactly what they eat isn't going to help you. Diet is individual, Its what works for you.

Just make better choices in your food and go from there.

MemberMember
(@username22)

Posted : 01/31/2013 8:11 am

bunch of gluten free rice chex + whole milk (only time i drink milk currently)

3 protein shakes a day (1 scoop each with water)

2 meals of 1/2-3/4 lb beef or chicken + rice (now brown) or gluten free pasta + sauce/etc. to get to >1k cals per meal

big sweet potato (just microwaved with a little cinnamon and brown sugar butter + cinnamon)

macadamia nuts ('low' in omega 6, used to eat tons of peanuts which are way high in o6) during the day between classes

I was on antibiotics (minocycline and tetracycline) for about a year i think. currently on my second bottle of probiotics which have really helped get my digestion back to normal, but idk if my acne was affected.

Everyone is different.

Just because someone is eating 3k plus cals a day doesn't mean you can. Everyones metabolic capacity is different.

Ask this guy to write exactly what they eat isn't going to help you. Diet is individual, Its what works for you.

Just make better choices in your food and go from there.

This x10. some people find the most random things that cause their acne, just have to keep experimenting.