Notifications
Clear all

Pool/hot Tub = Cysts? 🙁

MemberMember
(@semmer)

Posted : 01/30/2013 11:48 am

So, I haven't been doing anything differently lately. I've practically banished cystic acne and haven't had one in the last 5 months (other zits, yes, but no cysts). But I've had TWO in the last two weeks! And the one common thread is they both appeared two days after I went swimming with my kids. I didn't go under water, but hot tub water on my chin, and that's wear both of the cysts showed up. is there any way of minimizing this in the future? Could it be the chlorine? Could it be the heat/steam from the hot tub? Should I exfoliate or wash immediately after? Has this happened to anyone else? thoughts?

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 01/31/2013 3:53 am

Hot water in general is bad for skin (and fertility). Not bad to the point of being the cause of acne, but certainly aggravating. Exfoliating and washing again afterwards is just going to further erode your skin, I don't see the point.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/31/2013 9:06 am

Chlorine does weaken the skin, but that wouldn't result cysts to appear in two days. There isa form of acne called chloracne but that usually only applies to workers exposed to chlorine gas like when making PVC vinyl. Although some claim that Splenda worsens acne because of the chlorine.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/11/2013 6:26 pm

Not sure but u can use a water proof sunscreen before going to the water. But for sensitive skin best is to avoid the pool.