Notifications
Clear all

What Are The Most Beneficial Vitamins For Acne

MemberMember
(@emancipator)

Posted : 12/27/2012 7:30 am

So I'm 18 and I try to eat as good as possible but it's hard when you're living away from home (College) and money isn't free flowing...about a month or so ago I decided to start taking supplements. Atm I'm taking a Multi-Vitamin, Zinc and Fish Oil. I have noticed it's having all round positive effects but I feel it's not enough as I still break out. Now I'm not relying on supplements to get me clear, jeez no...check my sig. if you want to know my treatment....

So yeah my question is what are the most beneficial vitamins/minerals/supplements?

Currently I'm getting (Daily):

Vitamin A - 5000iu (approx) - 187%

Vitamin D - 600iu - 300%

Vitamin E - 14.9iu - 83%

Vitamin C - 60mg - 75%

Vitamin B1 - 1.4mg - 127%

Vitamin B2 - 1.6mg - 114%

Vitamin B6 - 2mg - 143%

Vitamin B12 -1ug - 40%

Zinc - 30mg - 300%

Copper - 2mg - 200%

Iron 14mg - 100%

As well as other stuff that comes with any Multi-Vitamin...

So yeah is what I am getting atm or what should I increase on? From the ones I've mentioned above, they're all coming from the Multivitamin except I'm taking a separate 15mg of Zinc (=30mg with the MV) and the Fish Oil capsule gives me roughly half the Vitamin A and a third of my Vitamin D intake.

Any critique of my intake an recommendations/advice would be greatly appreciated. Maybe for those who supplement also could post what they're taking too? nod.gif

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/05/2013 7:50 am

Try sourcing some omega 3 from fish instead of supplements. I recently had to turn away from my beliefs as I vowed to change my diet and eating some canned salmon or tuna twice a week does much more for me than fish oil tablets (which I've been taking for a year now) ever did.

MemberMember
(@sebumsucks)

Posted : 01/23/2013 11:58 pm

Vitamin D, Vitamin D, Vitamin D (D3 that is)

VItamin D is a prohormone and my Vitamin D deficiency was the source of my acne. Taking D3 has completely cleared me. And I've tried every other vitamin supplement you have listed and prescripts galore but only Vit D3 was the solution. Be aware Vit A and D are antagonists, so don't take them at the same time, especially through fish oil, some studies have shown the Vit D pretty much gets cancelled out by the Vit A in fish oils. So get yourself some vitamin d3 tablets (not in a multivitamin) and up your dosage to somewhere between 1000IU to 5000IU until you see results. You should start seeing some within a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/06/2013 3:30 pm

Your vitamin C dose could be higher. I find 1000-2000mg a day has a noticeable effect.

MemberMember
(@naturalog)

Posted : 02/14/2013 6:34 pm

Be aware Vit A and D are antagonists, so don't take them at the same time, especially through fish oil, some studies have shown the Vit D pretty much gets cancelled out by the Vit A in fish oils. So get yourself some vitamin d3 tablets (not in a multivitamin) and up your dosage to somewhere between 1000IU to 5000IU until you see results. You should start seeing some within a few weeks.

Did not know this, thanks! How much time should i wait in between to take them?