Notifications
Clear all

Agnus Cactus For Girls?

MemberMember
(@flowerx)

Posted : 12/17/2012 2:09 pm

I have severe acne, and over the past year it has developed into cystic acne.

I believe my acne is hormonal as it does get worse right before my time of the month, however hormone tests always come back as 'normal'. My brother and sister both have acne and so did my Dad, so it is hereditary/genetic, but mine is worse than theirs ever was, they never had cystic acne. I am so depressed and in deperate need of help, it is becoming too much on a day to day basis now.

Before I try the dreaded roaccutane for the second time I've considered trying agnus cactus. I was told this would help balance out my hormones. Has anyone tried this? Is it worth trying? I have tried all sorts of herbs before and no luck.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 12/17/2012 2:37 pm

Agnus castus has greatly helped my mood swings but hasn't done much for my acne. I have problems with excessive testosterone.

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 12/17/2012 4:21 pm

Agnus castus has greatly helped my mood swings but hasn't done much for my acne. I have problems with excessive testosterone.

What kind of tests did you get done for this? It's been a while since I looked at this, but there's a handful of different biomarkers to look at when it comes to testosterone.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 12/18/2012 7:46 am

What kind of tests did you get done for this? It's been a while since I looked at this, but there's a handful of different biomarkers to look at when it comes to testosterone.

To be quite honest I've no idea. My doctor sent me away for a series of blood tests and then summarized it to me as everything else was normal but it seems that I have spikes of excessive testosterone, hence rapid hair growth and acne. Thankfully I don't have much of a problem with the weight side of PCOS though.