Notifications
Clear all

Snacks Low In Omega 6

MemberMember
(@username22)

Posted : 12/13/2012 4:32 pm

Hi, I recently found about the whole o3/o6 balance thing and have been re-evaluating my diet. Peanuts were always a staple for me, but I found that they are really high in o6 so I cut them out / swapped with macadamia nuts. Also going to switch to o3 enhanced eggs and use coconut oil instead of olive, and I'm taking fish oil now (also going to look into how much canned salmon costs for more o3). I'm looking for some other snack type foods that are low in omega 6. It seems all packaged snack foods are apparently bathed in oil, even pretzels are pretty high... any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/13/2012 5:01 pm

For packaged snack foods? No, other than perhaps dried fruit, but then you have to worry about the sugar. You can have actual food for snacks. Like leftover bits of your lunch or dinner. Or soup, Or salad. Cut up veggies.

MemberMember
(@username22)

Posted : 12/13/2012 6:17 pm

gahh this sucks... maybe i'll look into making my own stuff. i just like to have something with me for between classes at school. and i need about 4k calories a day so soup and salad are a no go lol