Notifications
Clear all

Possible Cure To Acne

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 11/11/2012 1:11 pm

...and it was there all along

hi. im going clear everyone's acne who reads this blog. your acne will be cleared.

recently i did more research. i found some interesting stuff. go to google and type in "huffington post acne milk sugar" click on the first link.

read it and be amazed!

go back to google and type in "australian womens weekly acne diet" click on the first link

go back to google and type in "

A Look at How High Glycemic Foods may Cause Acne" click on the first link

then use ncbi to look up the studies on how high glycemic diet is linked to acne in countries like Malaysia and South Asia. one study said 0 people out of 1000 who at low glycemic diet had acne. about 80% of the people who at high glycemic had acne.

so what does this all mean for us? acne is still genetic. but, a high glycemic diet, ice cream and especially milk cause it for most sufferers of acne. it also means all those things at the store are mostly useless like proactive. it means all those medicines like tetracycline, differin, benoyl peroxide!, and accutane are just dangerous and not needed and usually dont work. once you go off them here comes the acne back. usually they kill good bacteria and make your acne caused by superbacteria which are much harder to deal with after. but NO FEAR

there are some simple ways to get rid of acne and you dont even have to make a huge change to your diet

have you ever heard people say that people with acne should eat like a diabetic? well its true! but there are several things that lower insulin resistance and decrease its release. and its all backed up by scientific studies you can find on ncbi.

-apple cider vinegar or any other type of vinegar added to a meal decreases insulin release by 30%. what does this mean for us? we can still eat that high glycemic diet we just need to drink a little bit of vinegar with it everytime we eat these foods. doing this will lower the insulin release and prevent acne.

-cinnamon! 5g a day decreases insulin signifigantly!

-garlic, almonds, and onions all decrease it as well

-vitamin d!!! decreases it as well by a huge number. in 1933 a study was done and 76% of people cleared up from acne within 3 months when they took 5,000 iu vitamin d a day

-tumeric

-evening primrose oil! (1000mg twice a day!)

i only found this info last week and i almost cried when i realized it was true. i wish i would have known this 6 years ago so i wouldnt have taken all the meds that i thought my doctor knowingly perscribed to help me. i've been drinking just apple cider viengar with every meal and im clear along with taking 9,000 iu vitamin d a day! i hope posts like these will make america wake up and realize that their diet has caused them all these health problems

anyway dont thank me for this because it was already on the internet and i know a lot of people on this great site already know about the REAL cause of acne IS HIGH GLYCEMIC FOODS AND MILK see the attachment for a great explanation i found

ACNE and DIETS.doc

ACNE and DIETS.doc

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 11/11/2012 2:50 pm

You can't just say THE cause of acne is high glycemic foods and milk. You have to realize everyone is different, and just because something worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone. I know people told you that in your previous threads, but I guess it didn't sink in. If you want to make a thread about how insulin resistance causes acne, that's fine, but don't go around saying "I found the cure to acne" and "your acne will be cleared." You didn't discover some huge revelation in acne. Most people in the holistic section already don't drink milk or eat a high glycemic load diet. And it doesn't help very much for plenty of people, including me.

MemberMember
(@williamrickard)

Posted : 11/11/2012 3:30 pm

I have never tried changing my diet for acne, has it EVER worked for anyone?

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/11/2012 5:37 pm

Like Omnivium said, it will work for some, and not for others depending on what's causing your acne. But I've seen a lot of posts on here, and photo evidence of people clearing their face because they changed their diet.

There are also different diets that work for different people too. Check out the nutrition/ holistic section of the boards and take a look. It's really intriguing stuff.

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 11/11/2012 5:44 pm

There are a lot of things that can help acne, but I firmly believe diet is the "foundation!" To get acne cleared, you have to at least have a good foundation, and you can't just apply "bandaids" --you must get to the root cause, and diet is a huge part of that.

Great info Ichance23! Great supplements you listed. Good for you for trying to spread the word--people need to hear it! :) I'm sure you're monitoring your Vitamin D levels? At some point, you should be able to cut way back on that dosage.

Also, reminder to everyone to eat your greens!!! They give us beta-carotene, which our skin desperately needs, and cruciferous greens help to balance our hormones!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 11/11/2012 8:17 pm

Yes, the high glycemic impact of today's diets screw up hormones and cause chronic inflammation and therefore have a huge affect on acne and health. But that's just one of the many ways diet and lifestyle affect acne.

Reducing the glycemic impact of my habits cleared my skin in a little over one month, that is, after I'd already figured out the food intolerances that caused cysts to form the next day. But many people have other issues to deal with before they notice results. Digestive tract health and stress are two common examples.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 11/12/2012 1:45 am

There are a lot of things that can help acne, but I firmly believe diet is the "foundation!" To get acne cleared, you have to at least have a good foundation, and you can't just apply "bandaids" --you must get to the root cause, and diet is a huge part of that.

Great info Ichance23! Great supplements you listed. Good for you for trying to spread the word--people need to hear it! smile.png I'm sure you're monitoring your Vitamin D levels? At some point, you should be able to cut way back on that dosage.

Also, reminder to everyone to eat your greens!!! They give us beta-carotene, which our skin desperately needs, and cruciferous greens help to balance our hormones!

exactly

Yes, the high glycemic impact of today's diets screw up hormones and cause chronic inflammation and therefore have a huge affect on acne and health. But that's just one of the many ways diet and lifestyle affect acne.

Reducing the glycemic impact of my habits cleared my skin in a little over one month, that is, after I'd already figured out the food intolerances that caused cysts to form the next day. But many people have other issues to deal with before they notice results. Digestive tract health and stress are two common examples.

you are actually one of the people i was talking about who already uses this. i read some of your posts from years ago about the diet and that helped me discover it. all i can say is thank you for spreading the word back then because you have helped me.

nope. it has never worked for anyone. keep using all the meds that your family doctor has perscribed. grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/12/2012 5:02 am

William Rickard,

I assume that at your age, your acne is hormonal. Going through puberty, one needs to have a strong liver.

Lots of people have damaged their livers or weakened them by overconsumption of sugar.

I would suspect that if you continue to have acne, I highly recommend changing your diet.

How dangerous is it to just ignore the signs of health issues by fixing the surface.

You can't just give a car a new paint job, you have to inspect the frame. I don't even know why this logic escapes some people.

MemberMember
(@ericgaults)

Posted : 11/12/2012 5:52 am

It all depends, a certain way may not be applicable to a certain individual but could be effective to others, we all need to choose wisely what could fit to us, at least that make us comfortable and satisfied. But one effective and natural way in treating or curing acne, is to change the diet.

MemberMember
(@rawhide)

Posted : 11/13/2012 2:13 pm

Not the cure /thread

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/01/2012 8:50 pm

i have found some interesting stuff. linoleic acid may work for acne. it is in primrose oil. i have started taking lactobacillus reuteri, 4000mg evening primrose oil a day, and applying lactobacillus acidophilus along with evening primrose oil topically. do the research on these things. heres a sorta random summary: linoleic acid drecreases sebum by 50% after 1 month. it decreases size of microderms by 25% and immproves hyperpigmentation by 67%. reuteri is a probiotic that is only present in 10-20% percent of the population. It is very good for the body. it metabolizes glycerol and produces reuterin in the proccess. reauterin is antibiotic that kills bad bacteria but does not kill good bacteria. a study on ncbi showed that it significantly inhibits growth of p acnes and staph heres the study:

While it is generally accepted that Propionibacterium acnes is involved in the development of acne, other bacteria including Staphylococcus epidermidis have also been isolated from the acne lesion. The interaction between Lactobacillus reuteri, a probiotic bacterium, and acnegenic bacteria is unclear. This study examined the effects of L. reuteri on the proliferation of P. acnes and S. epidermidis. Human-derived L. reuteri strains (KCTC 3594 and KCTC 3678) and rat-derived L. reuteri KCTC 3679 were used. All strains exhibited significant inhibitory effects on the growth of P. acnes and S. epidermidis. The proliferation of P. acnes was decreased by 2-log scales after incubation with L. reuteri for 24 h. In addition, the proliferation of S. epidermidis was decreased by 3-log scales after incubation with L. reuteri for 24 h, whereas the growth of L. reuteri was unaffected by P. acnes or S. epidermidis. Among the L. reuteri strains examined, L. reuteri KCTC 3679 had the strongest inhibitory effect on the growth of P. acnes and S. epidermidis, followed by L. reuteri KCTC 3594 and L. reuteri KCTC 3678. Interestingly, reuterin, an antimicrobial factor, was produced only by L. reuteri KCTC 3594. The most pronounced the antibacterial activities of L. reuteri were attributed to the production of organic acids. Overall, these results suggest that L. reuteri may be a useful probiotic agent to control the growth of bacteria involved in acne inflammation and prevent acne.

I bought the reuteri today and took one pill. i will also apply it topically tonight.

so far my acne has cleared up a lot after doing these 2 things. it was a 6/10 before but is now a 3/10 at the moment. so so far its going well. when i apply the probiotic topical the papules and small pimples stop hurting and decrease in size or dry out the next morning. this could be because the probiotic is killing the bacteria. this has worked very well so far and i am very pleased with the results considering it is an alternative to acne drugs without the side effects. the "good" bacteria i am using are killing the bad "bacteria" which cause acne.

Not the cure /thread

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/02/2012 2:22 am

This is so true, i believe 99% of all acne sufferes would get clear if they did this.

Also take chromium, magnesium and mulberries to help the blood sugar maintain steady :)

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/02/2012 3:12 am

Some people can cure ALL their acne by not using anything on their face and changing to a natural shampoo :)

It really depends on the cause of your acne!

MemberMember
(@seeking2012)

Posted : 12/03/2012 6:40 pm

I have had a similar experience to yours. I nearly eliminated the following high glycemic foods from my diet:

- Sweets

- Candies

- Deserts

And I cut in half the amounts of the following high-glycemic foods from my diet:

- Breads

- Cereals

- Potatoes

- Rice

After the first month of this, I noticed my skin looked better. I've been doing it for 3 months and my skin has been consistently clearer. I still do get some breakouts and I am still taking Retin-A topical cream, but I don't know if I need to keep taking it or stop taking it.

I have not even begun to address any other issues such as food intolerances or gluten sensitivity. I have no idea if I have any food intolerances or allergies and I do not know if I am Celiac.

William Rickard,

I assume that at your age, your acne is hormonal. Going through puberty, one needs to have a strong liver.

Lots of people have damaged their livers or weakened them by overconsumption of sugar.

I would suspect that if you continue to have acne, I highly recommend changing your diet.

How dangerous is it to just ignore the signs of health issues by fixing the surface.

You can't just give a car a new paint job, you have to inspect the frame. I don't even know why this logic escapes some people.

Many people are told the following things by their doctor and by society about their acne:

1. Acne is not a disease
  2. Acne is just something everyone gets in their teen years
  3. Acne is caused by genes; if you have acne genes you get acne; if you don't then you don't get acne
  4. Acne is harmless; it'll go away, just ignore it
  5. Acne doesn't go away once it starts; it is an absolute fact of life that you have to endure till your hormones calm down in adulthood
  6. Changing your diet might help but it won't make the acne go away
  7. Acne does not go away until you reach middle 20s or later, regardless of what you try, diet, pills, laser treatments, whatever

I used to think this too and everything I used to read on the subject of acne years ago simply reinforced this view. Now I'm finally, for the first time, seeing that acne is possibly a sign that something is wrong inside the body and it needs to be addressed. I still don't yet know if it can be "cured" by dietary changes but I'm learning so we'll see.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/03/2012 7:13 pm

If someone has acne, something is causing it from inside of you most likely. All you have to do is find the cause, although it's not as simple and easy as that. Once you find the cause, treat it and you will defiantly notice a lot of results. Diets generally help a heck of a lot, but you may need more then that, depends whats wrong with you.

For me, I was on an extremely strict healthy diet for 2 months without results, however after that I did a body scan and it turns out I have a leaky gut, which I was told is causing my acne, so now I'm fixing to heal my leaky gut from what I've been given from my nutritionist. I think people should see health care doctors or nutritionists about their acne rather then just going straight to the dermatologist. Or heck, even both at the same time I guess.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 12/03/2012 7:19 pm

Do it man, and really think of it as an alteration of what you eat. You don't have to cut back on calories or anything. Some common triggers, and foods that i personally feel are an unnecessary risk, are gluten containing grains (debatable until the end of time), dairy, refined sugars, processed foods in general, non-organic/genetically modified foods.

Many foods in the organic section have a label that says 'Non GMO Project Verified' That's a great thing to look for, but organic foods don't contain the pesticides and herbicides that GMO's do. And...they're not genetically mutated to resist round up, and now it seems Agent Orange. Yep, the stuff they sprayed to clear foliage in Vietnam that is now causing numerous health issues to veterans. The weeds are becoming resistant to round up, so they have introduced Agent Orange resistant corn into the market. And this is what the majority of people are consuming, unless it's organic and specified non-gmo.

If you struggle for ideas on how to fill your caloric intake without consuming these foods, many members eat like this on a daily basis, including myself, and would more than likely be willing to share any and all advice they have

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/04/2012 2:56 am

hi. im going clear everyone's acne who reads this blog. your acne will be cleared.

recently i did more research. i found some interesting stuff. go to google and type in "huffington post acne milk sugar" click on the first link.

read it and be amazed!

go back to google and type in "australian womens weekly acne diet" click on the first link

then use ncbi to look up the studies on how high glycemic diet is linked to acne in countries like Malaysia and South Asia. one study said 0 people out of 1000 who at low glycemic diet had acne. about 80% of the people who at high glycemic had acne.

so what does this all mean for us? acne is still genetic. but, a high glycemic diet, ice cream and especially milk cause it for most sufferers of acne. it also means all those things at the store are mostly useless like proactive. it means all those medicines like tetracycline, differin, benoyl peroxide!, and accutane are just dangerous and not needed and usually dont work. once you go off them here comes the acne back. usually they kill good bacteria and make your acne caused by superbacteria which are much harder to deal with after. but NO FEAR

there are some simple ways to get rid of acne and you dont even have to make a huge change to your diet

have you ever heard people say that people with acne should eat like a diabetic? well its true! but there are several things that lower insulin resistance and decrease its release. and its all backed up by scientific studies you can find on ncbi.

-apple cider vinegar or any other type of vinegar added to a meal decreases insulin release by 30%. what does this mean for us? we can still eat that high glycemic diet we just need to drink a little bit of vinegar with it everytime we eat these foods. doing this will lower the insulin release and prevent acne.

-vitamin d!!! decreases it as well by a huge number. in 1933 a study was done and 76% of people cleared up from acne within 3 months when they took 5,000 iu vitamin d a day

-tumeric

i only found this info last week and i almost cried when i realized it was true. i wish i would have known this 6 years ago so i wouldnt have taken all the meds that i thought my doctor knowingly perscribed to help me. i've been drinking just apple cider viengar with every meal and im clear along with taking 9,000 iu vitamin d a day! i hope posts like these will make america wake up and realize that their diet has caused them all these health problems

anyway dont thank me for this because it was already on the internet and i know a lot of people on this great site already know about the REAL cause of acne IS HIGH GLYCEMIC FOODS AND MILK see the attachment for a great explanation i found

I'm going to blow the high GI theory out of the water.

GI has little relevance if consumed with protein and fats or if the person has already eaten before consuming an high GI food.

I am not saying high GI foods are good. However all the studies done on high GI foods were done on fasted people. Little or no research has been done on non fasted people, so the GI scale just isn't accurate.

Consuming high GI foods with protein and fats slows the absorption rate of the said food therefore lowering the GI effect on the body.

Also not everyone reacts in the same to foods so to say you will cure everyone's acne who reads this is just arrogance of the highest order.

Just to be clear on this.

I am not 100% discounting GI. Yes eating lower GI foods is of course a lot better than eating high GI foods.

However, for me there just isn't enough been done on it to conclude it is the number 1 cause or cure.

I workout a lot. Most of the time i eat a balance low gi diet, gluten free and so on. However there times i am required to eat high GI foods, post training for example or when i have a reward meal. For me that has no effect on my acne.

The GI scale just cannot be accurate all of the time due to the amount of variables going on when eating.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/04/2012 3:53 am

read it and be amazed!

-tumeric

GI has little relevance if consumed with protein and fats or if the person has already eaten before consuming an high GI food.

I am not saying high GI foods are good. However all the studies done on high GI foods were done on fasted people. Little or no research has been done on non fasted people, so the GI scale just isn't accurate.

Consuming high GI foods with protein and fats slows the absorption rate of the said food therefore lowering the GI effect on the body.

Also not everyone reacts in the same to foods so to say you will cure everyone's acne who reads this is just arrogance of the highest order.

I am not 100% discounting GI. Yes eating lower GI foods is of course a lot better than eating high GI foods.

However, for me there just isn't enough been done on it to conclude it is the number 1 cause or cure.

I workout a lot. Most of the time i eat a balance low gi diet, gluten free and so on. However there times i am required to eat high GI foods, post training for example or when i have a reward meal. For me that has no effect on my acne.

The GI scale just cannot be accurate all of the time due to the amount of variables going on when eating.

Be careful what u say, you may prevent some people from getting clear skin.

High Gi is the cause of my acne, i can't eat fruits and root veggies. I always thought my acne was some food allergy, but then i tried to cut out all the high carb and glycemic foods and began to eat nuts, seeds, fish, eggs again and i have not got 1 acne breakout since. But i know if i eat an apple i will have acne on my chin the next day! SO WATCH OUT WHAT YOU SAY.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/04/2012 4:03 am

read it and be amazed!

-tumeric

High Gi is the cause of my acne, i can't eat fruits and root veggies. I always thought my acne was some food allergy, but then i tried to cut out all the high carb and glycemic foods and began to eat nuts, seeds, fish, eggs again and i have not got 1 acne breakout since. But i know if i eat an apple i will have acne on my chin the next day! SO WATCH OUT WHAT YOU SAY.

:D

I hear and ya. I didn't mean to come across in a way that i was saying GI is completely irrelevant. It's not it does contribute but i just think it is not as big of a factor as many think it is.

It would be interesting to see a study of someone eating high GI foods mixed in with proteins and fats to slow down absorption therefore lowering the GI impact. Also a study on non fasted people, then measure the GI impact.

I also think that when people watch the GI of foods they tend to low carb or eat gluten free carbs. Cutting gluten deffo improved my skin.

Many factors to consider rather than just GI impact.

MemberMember
(@seeking2012)

Posted : 12/04/2012 11:41 am

read it and be amazed!

-tumeric

biggrin.png

I hear and ya. I didn't mean to come across in a way that i was saying GI is completely irrelevant. It's not it does contribute but i just think it is not as big of a factor as many think it is.

It would be interesting to see a study of someone eating high GI foods mixed in with proteins and fats to slow down absorption therefore lowering the GI impact. Also a study on non fasted people, then measure the GI impact.

I also think that when people watch the GI of foods they tend to low carb or eat gluten free carbs. Cutting gluten deffo improved my skin.

Ok here's the deal with high glycemic index foods. People (like me) who are even slightly hyperinsulinemic (having a high level of circulating insulin levels in the blood) are sensitive to high GI foods.

Why do people become hyperinsulinemic? Because they are becoming insulin resistant. How did this happen to them? Because their body is sensitive to a diet high in carbs. Over the course of months or years of consistently eating a diet high in carbs and/or sugars, a person MAY become insulin resistant. When a person is insulin resistant, they constantly have too much insulin in their blood. When this happens, their bodies are already in a diseased state which probably causes acne.

I read yesterday that when a person who is even slightly hyperinsulinemic eats a high GI food, it can trigger a response that goes like this:

High-GI food ---> spike in insulin in bloodstream ---> produce more androgens ---> increase sebum production in skin ---> pores clog up ---> acne flare-up

I suspect that people who have a normal blood insulin level and who don't get spiked by eating high-GI foods probably wouldn't have an acne flare-up from that food.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/04/2012 12:52 pm

read it and be amazed!

-tumeric

biggrin.png

Ok here's the deal with high glycemic index foods. People (like me) who are even slightly hyperinsulinemic (having a high level of circulating insulin levels in the blood) are sensitive to high GI foods.

Why do people become hyperinsulinemic? Because they are becoming insulin resistant. How did this happen to them? Because their body is sensitive to a diet high in carbs. Over the course of months or years of consistently eating a diet high in carbs and/or sugars, a person MAY become insulin resistant. When a person is insulin resistant, they constantly have too much insulin in their blood. When this happens, their bodies are already in a diseased state which probably causes acne.

I read yesterday that when a person who is even slightly hyperinsulinemic eats a high GI food, it can trigger a response that goes like this:

High-GI food ---> spike in insulin in bloodstream ---> produce more androgens ---> increase sebum production in skin ---> pores clog up ---> acne flare-up

I suspect that people who have a normal blood insulin level and who don't get spiked by eating high-GI foods probably wouldn't have an acne flare-up from that food.

You're not wrong what you are saying but find me one study where high GI foods have been fasted on non fasted people?

That is my whole point. The GI debate just ins't accurate because not every variable has been explored.

The GI we all know was tested on fasted people. Nothing has been done on none fasted people.

Consuming an GI food with protein and or fats slows the rate of absorption. Slower absorption means lower GI.

MemberMember
(@seeking2012)

Posted : 12/04/2012 1:23 pm

You're not wrong what you are saying but find me one study where high GI foods have been fasted on non fasted people?

That is my whole point. The GI debate just ins't accurate because not every variable has been explored.

The GI we all know was tested on fasted people. Nothing has been done on none fasted people.

Consuming an GI food with protein and or fats slows the rate of absorption. Slower absorption means lower GI.

Fasting vs nonfasting. No difference. Doesn't matter. Lets break down what you said.

Protein does not decrease the impact of high GI food. In fact, diabetics try to avoid eating a diet high in protein because it is known to spike their blood glucose levels.

Fats. Yes it does help to consume high GI foods in conjunction with fats. But it doesn't help as much as you claim it does. Ask any diabetic. When a diabetic person eats a high GI food, their blood glucose will spike regardless of whether they eat it with fat.

One thing you didn't mention that helps reduce the insulin-spiking effect of a high-GI food: fiber. Fiber slows digestion. But it still won't prevent the effect of raising the insulin in the blood. It just slows down the process so that the spike isn't all at once. I think you are overestimating the effect of non-sugar macronutrients in their ability to decrease the blood sugar spiking effects of high-GI foods, ESPECIALLY in those people who are already having difficulty with blood glucose. Example: diabetics and people who are hyperinsulinemic

MemberMember
(@rawhide)

Posted : 12/04/2012 2:39 pm

Pseudoscience and false hopes. None of this shit cures my acne that lives a life of its own despite what I fucking eat. I have taken evening primrose and borage oil up to 18 grams a day and it did nothing. I have tried so fucking many natural remedies over the years that it makes me angry to see these people joining 2012 and immediately sharing some kind of cures and bullshit.

And those "cure acne naturally" "secret acne cure that drug companies don't want you to know" ebooks and sites are the biggest load of shit there is.

MemberMember
(@seeking2012)

Posted : 12/04/2012 3:31 pm

Pseudoscience and false hopes. None of this shit cures my acne that lives a life of its own despite what I fucking eat. I have taken evening primrose and borage oil up to 18 grams a day and it did nothing. I have tried so fucking many natural remedies over the years that it makes me angry to see these people joining 2012 and immediately sharing some kind of cures and bullshit.

And those "cure acne naturally" "secret acne cure that drug companies don't want you to know" ebooks and sites are the biggest load of shit there is.

You gotta find that thing that works for you, and/or the reason for your acne. I've been using Retin-A since I was in my teens and it has worked well for me, though I still get pimples but seemingly only when I am eating a diet that has a lot of sugars and carbs in it. In the past few months I've cut out a lot of sugar and carbs and my skin has been consistently clearer--in fact, clearer than it has been in my whole life thus far.

You gotta take a deep breath and approach this thing scientifically.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 12/04/2012 4:41 pm

@ seeking 2012

I never mentioned diabetics in my argument.

You say fasted and non fasted there is no difference. No full on conclusive study has been done on non fasted people so we can't discount this variable.

My apologies I should have mentioned fibre.

However I think high GI is overstated. I'm not saying people should go high GI. But to single it out is silly. Low GI typically means lower carb in take, gluten free carbs, and generally eating more nutrient dense foods. So right there, there are 3 other variables coming into the picture.