Notifications
Clear all

Is It Possible To Get Clear By Only Cutting Out Dairy

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 10/04/2012 3:05 pm

Hi guys! I have a sneaking suspicion that dairy flames up my acne. Has anybody here on this board every gotten clear by only cutting out dairy? Is that even theoretically possible? I don't know if I would be able to give up something like gluten, but dairy would be pretty easy (even though I eat it every day). I ask because it seems like most people here cut out many different things to get clear, and i'm not sure if only cutting dairy could get rid of acne? Thanks in advance for the help!

MemberMember
(@scov93)

Posted : 10/04/2012 3:10 pm

by cutting diary alone i didn't get very far.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/blog/4823/entry-24617-intermittent-fasting/

this is working wonders for me

MemberMember
(@bearishly)

Posted : 10/04/2012 3:51 pm

It all depends on who you are.

It seems like most people have success cutting out both dairy and grains.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/04/2012 4:19 pm

dairy and sugar

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/04/2012 6:23 pm

Cutting out dairy AND sugar works for my husband. Not for me.

MemberMember
(@elchacal123)

Posted : 10/04/2012 6:30 pm

ive been off dairy for about a year and it doesn't work lol

MemberMember
(@dabowez)

Posted : 10/04/2012 6:44 pm

I had great success with cutting out dairy on my large cysts, probably reduced them by 90%+. I still get a few pustules and paps though. Zinc really helped reduce my inflammation as well, I wish i had found all this out years ago

I'm now on the track of cutting out sugar, I'm doing some baseline testing at the moment (to see if there really is a difference) and will see how I go over the next couple of months.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/05/2012 10:14 pm

Cultured dairy should be fine if constipation is not an issue. But you need to ramp up foods rich in vitamins specifically A and E.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 10/06/2012 11:59 am

Dairy is pretty irritating to my system, but cutting out gluten, grains, and certain starches and replenishing my gut with probiotics seems to be the key for me.

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 10/06/2012 12:10 pm

Awesome, thanks so much for the responses, that was really helpful!