Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Who Has Tried Topically Applying And Drinking Acv...?

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 04/29/2012 3:49 pm

Did you have a purging stage? I have been topically applying ACV daily to my relatively clear skin for hyperpigmentations, and I genuinely see improvements. But a few days ago I read that taking Apple Cider Vinegar internally has many benefits too. Since drinking it, however, I seem to be breaking out. I have clusters of whiteheads on my forehead and cheeks. I know I had some blackheads/clogged pores there but they didn't seem inflamed previous to me drinking it.

Is this a purging stage? Should I stick with it? I don't want to quit drinking the stuff, but I hate the breakouts sad.png

MemberMember
(@runner1981)

Posted : 05/01/2012 7:51 pm

I'm going through this exact same thing right now and I just started a new post about it. I've been both applying Bragg's ACV topically to my face twice a day as well as drinking 2 tablespoons in 8 ounces of water 2-3 times a day a for a little over a week now to try to clear up my facial acne. I started doing this a little over a week ago. For the past few days, the acne on my forehead has gotten much redder and more painful than ever before, but the zits themselves do feel like they have hardened up if I gently touch them. I did read a few different web sites that said that it's normal for the breakouts to get worse before they get better with ACV because it's clearing the toxins from your body through your skin, so I'm hoping that's what's going on with me and that I will start to see improvement very soon!

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 05/02/2012 2:48 am

I'm going through this exact same thing right now and I just started a new post about it. I've been both applying Bragg's ACV topically to my face twice a day as well as drinking 2 tablespoons in 8 ounces of water 2-3 times a day a for a little over a week now to try to clear up my facial acne. I started doing this a little over a week ago. For the past few days, the acne on my forehead has gotten much redder and more painful than ever before, but the zits themselves do feel like they have hardened up if I gently touch them. I did read a few different web sites that said that it's normal for the breakouts to get worse before they get better with ACV because it's clearing the toxins from your body through your skin, so I'm hoping that's what's going on with me and that I will start to see improvement very soon!

It's been just about two weeks now and while I still have the spots I got from the breakout, I have no new ones! I'm pretty sure it was just a purging stage, and I think you're correct in saying it was just toxins being removed from the system. Unfortunately the zits were on my cheeks so they'll leave a nice mark I'm sure...but I honestly think the breakout's subsiding and the vinegar is working. So hang in there! :)

MemberMember
(@runner1981)

Posted : 05/02/2012 12:46 pm

It's been just about two weeks now and while I still have the spots I got from the breakout, I have no new ones! I'm pretty sure it was just a purging stage, and I think you're correct in saying it was just toxins being removed from the system. Unfortunately the zits were on my cheeks so they'll leave a nice mark I'm sure...but I honestly think the breakout's subsiding and the vinegar is working. So hang in there! smile.png

I read several articles online last night about skin purging, which I had never heard of before, and it makes so much sense! After applying the vinegar to my face, I can actually see really gross looking fluid oozing from several of my zits on my forehead and some of them even bleed a little bit, so I think it's working! I definitely haven't gotten an new breakouts, but my skin is still definitely purging! I can literally see it! I'm sticking with it and hoping that my acne will finally start to disappear now that they have hardened up significantly!!

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 05/02/2012 4:30 pm

It's been just about two weeks now and while I still have the spots I got from the breakout, I have no new ones! I'm pretty sure it was just a purging stage, and I think you're correct in saying it was just toxins being removed from the system. Unfortunately the zits were on my cheeks so they'll leave a nice mark I'm sure...but I honestly think the breakout's subsiding and the vinegar is working. So hang in there! smile.png

I read several articles online last night about skin purging, which I had never heard of before, and it makes so much sense! After applying the vinegar to my face, I can actually see really gross looking fluid oozing from several of my zits on my forehead and some of them even bleed a little bit, so I think it's working! I definitely haven't gotten an new breakouts, but my skin is still definitely purging! I can literally see it! I'm sticking with it and hoping that my acne will finally start to disappear now that they have hardened up significantly!!

Yeah, I get what you mean about the zits hardening up! It's weird but they do feel quite firm to the touch. It just sucks that in order for it to work more pimples have to appear, which means more scars and more time spent using it strongsad.gif

MemberMember
(@sunshine7587)

Posted : 05/04/2012 1:00 am

ive used apple cider vinegar multiple times with great results! although it doesnt help with hormonal acne , which is what i have now.

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 05/05/2012 2:32 am

ive used apple cider vinegar multiple times with great results! although it doesnt help with hormonal acne , which is what i have now.

Yeah it seems to be working well! And I have hormonal acne too, and yeah, the vinegar doesn't seem to help keep that away. But I've been taking Agnus Castus supplement for my hormones and that's been helping some smile.png

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 05/05/2012 5:18 am

Hmmm just a little update, I've been applying ACV undiluted and I think that it's beginning to irritate my skin a little..I've been using SA too so I think it's just too much acid. I woke up today and my marks were... rough? My skin's peeling and burning oh so painfully! My makeup keeps peeling off, so I'm spending the day in bed with a bottle of water beside me and a moisturizer mask caked on strongsad.gif Anyone else had this happen? It is good or bad? Because it feels bad haha

MemberMember
(@sunshine7587)

Posted : 05/05/2012 2:05 pm

yes ive had that happen. i try to use too many things at once sometimes and my face gets really dry and feels like what you are describing. maybe just use the ACV or SA until it gets better and keep moisturizing with an oil-free moisturizer. that always helps me. also, im now taking spironolactone for my hormonal acne...& after going for my annual lab tests i discovered that i have PCOS so it is a treatment option for that as well. i dont really like to take medications but its something i have to do now :( but, it is Definitely helping with the hormonal acne. you could possibly check into that ?? good luck & hope your face feels better soon!

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 05/06/2012 4:15 pm

yes ive had that happen. i try to use too many things at once sometimes and my face gets really dry and feels like what you are describing. maybe just use the ACV or SA until it gets better and keep moisturizing with an oil-free moisturizer. that always helps me. also, im now taking spironolactone for my hormonal acne...& after going for my annual lab tests i discovered that i have PCOS so it is a treatment option for that as well. i dont really like to take medications but its something i have to do now sad.png but, it is Definitely helping with the hormonal acne. you could possibly check into that ?? good luck & hope your face feels better soon!

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I'll definitely check into that because usually my face is relatively clear with just my marks, until "that time of the month" and the two weeks surrounding it when I break out tons. Do you have to take a special test to check for PCOS or did it just come up on a regular blood test? And I cut out the SA for a day or two and the burning's subsided, thanks for the support! :)

MemberMember
(@sunshine7587)

Posted : 05/18/2012 2:36 pm

good to hear!! i had my testosterone, estrogen and dhea levels specifically tested because i suspected a hormonal imbalance, thats how they discovered the PCOS

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 05/19/2012 8:59 am

I put it on my face to balance the PH of my skin after doing my baking soda exfoliation. :) I love it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/16/2012 9:18 pm

How is the smell with the ACV? Has anyone ever said they were able to smell it on you? I know I could stand it, but I'm wondering how noticeable the smell is to others.

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 11/20/2012 1:49 pm

When I was using it fully concentrated, the smell lingered for about half hour and then went away. It was never really an issue because it was one of the first steps in my regimen and I usually left the house an hour later. Once I did put it on before bed and my boyfriend backed away with a sour face, safe to say I avoided using it again on the nights he was there ahaha :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/25/2012 6:00 pm

When I was using it fully concentrated, the smell lingered for about half hour and then went away. It was never really an issue because it was one of the first steps in my regimen and I usually left the house an hour later. Once I did put it on before bed and my boyfriend backed away with a sour face, safe to say I avoided using it again on the nights he was there ahaha smile.png

Lol yea it's pretty potent stuff. It was as strong as my cologne when I put it on once, that's why I'm asking haha.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/26/2012 3:34 am

I have a great story for this topic:

I used to drink alot alcohol this summer and didnt eat good and i was actully pretty clear. What i did was drinking acv and a glass of fresh lemonwater when i woke up and before i went to bed. Also i was drinking vodka instead of all the sugar drinks or beers (theres another thread where people wonder why vodka clears their skin).

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 11/26/2012 3:01 pm

I have a great story for this topic:

I used to drink alot alcohol this summer and didnt eat good and i was actully pretty clear. What i did was drinking acv and a glass of fresh lemonwater when i woke up and before i went to bed. Also i was drinking vodka instead of all the sugar drinks or beers (theres another thread where people wonder why vodka clears their skin).

Haha please don't give me another reason to drink vodka! :P No but in all seriousness, that's very interesting. How much ACV were you taking? A tablespoon? And how much vodka? :)