Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin D Deficiency And Sun Exposure, Is It Good For Acne?

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 04/05/2012 3:20 am

Hey guys, I just read a post on this site about vitamin D deficiency can cause acne. I went to get my level tested and indeed I was lacking it badly.

My results was 29mg and the doctor said 70 mg was the normal level. He said this is why I'm breaking and told me to take vitamin d supplements and to go out in the sun more.

So my question is, is this a good thing for acne cos some people say the sun is not good for your skin.

MemberMember
(@nick93)

Posted : 04/05/2012 2:23 pm

I clear up a lot in the summer, like a ton. If the doctor says you are lacking, it is definetly worth a shot. Apparently the liquid form works better. I've tried the solid pills, but it didn't do anything, so I'm going to give the liquid a try.

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 04/05/2012 5:03 pm

Yeah I'll give it a try, I'm a person who never sees the sun, I only go out during the night maybe thats why I'm breaking out. Gonna go lie in the sun for 20-30 mins a day and take Vitamin D as well. I take the soft gels ones is that ok?

MemberMember
(@nick93)

Posted : 04/07/2012 9:08 am

Not really sure. I would think they would help anyways. I just heard the liquid form works better, I'm not really sure why.

MemberMember
(@helloyes)

Posted : 01/17/2013 8:07 am

They say to get 10-15 minutes a day of sun exposure (if it's the summer, never from 11-4 pm) without sunscreen a day. The rest of the day, wear sunscreen to protect your skin. I'm not sure how that translates to acne, but absorbing vitamin d from the sun is good for your overall health. Chances are you're going to me moving around/walking and getting that anyway. Just make sure to wear a protecting sunscreen that won't break you out! La roche possay has a mattifying one and it is the best one I've found for acne.