Notifications
Clear all

Can glutamine cause acne?

MemberMember
(@overthis)

Posted : 09/04/2011 8:09 pm

I started taking 5g of Glutamine 3 days ago for self-diagnosed leaky gut syndrome. Does anyone know if this could cause acne? I added this into my elimination diet along with eggs, which was stupid, because I'm not sure which is causing me to break out.

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 09/04/2011 11:42 pm

"Glutamine (abbreviated as Gln or Q) is one of the 20 amino acids encoded by the standard genetic code. It is not recognized as an essential amino acid but may become conditionally essential in certain situations."

"Dietary sources of L-glutamine include beef, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, dairy products, wheat, cabbage, beets, beans, spinach, and parsley. Small amounts of free L-glutamine are also found in vegetable juices and foods, such as tofu."

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/glutamine-acne-t288084.html

MemberMember
(@peter-scott)

Posted : 04/29/2019 8:41 am

Do you know someone who cured the leaky gut and candida acne eating only non starched vegetables, fish, chicken, meat, without using probiotic capsules, without using l glutamine, but eating too: beans, brown rice, fruits everyday?

Who have leaky gut said have these symptoms: pain in the belly, floating and gases. So, if someone have only the acne, folliculitis and dermatitis on the body without other symptoms, dont have leaky gut and dont need to do the leaky gut diet with L glutamine and probiotic capsules, right?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/29/2019 8:36 pm

Glutamine can cause what looks like acne because glutamine encourages candida which causes acne like symptoms. Do NOT take glutamine.