Notifications
Clear all

Why Dairy worsen your ACNE!

MemberMember
(@dreamlify)

Posted : 06/20/2011 1:53 am

Guys i just pick out some informations which is more relevant to acne.

I cant say for sure how fantastically true this piece of info is, but it's never a harm for more food of thoughts.

Quote:

"It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk. Humans milk is for

humans. Cow's milk is for calves. You have no more need of cow's milk

than you do rats milk, horses milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a

high fat fluid exquisitely designed to turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400

lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!" Dr Michael Klaper MD

Yes... mother natures "perfect food" ... for a calf!

[until it's weaned]

Everything you know about cow's milk and dairy is probably part of a

Dairy industry MYTH! Cow's milk is an unhealthy fluid from diseased

animals that has a wide range of dangerous and disease-causing

substances that have a cumulative negative effect on all who consume it.

Basic Contents:

*ALL* cow's milk has 59 active hormones, scores of allergens, fat and

cholesterol. Most cow's milk has measurable quantities of herbicides,

pesticides, dioxin's (up to 200 times the safe levels), up to 52

powerful antibiotics (perhaps 53 with LS-50), blood, pus, feces,

bacteria and viruses. (Cow's milk can have traces of anything the cow

ate... including such things as radioactive fallout from nuke testing

... (the 50's strontium-90 problem).

* Bacteria

Cow's milk is allowed to have feces in it. This is a major source for

bacteria. Milk is typically pasteurized more than once before it gets

to your table... each time for only 15 seconds at 162 degrees

Fahrenheit.

To sanitize water one is told to boil it (212 degrees F) for several

minutes. That is a tremendous disparity, isn't it!

Keep in mind that at room temperature the number of bacteria in milk

DOUBLE around every 20 minutes. No wonder milk turns rotten very

quickly.

* PUS

ONE cubic centimeter (cc) of commercial cow's milk is allowed to have

up to 750,000 somatic cells (common name is "PUS") and 20,000 live

bacteria... before it is kept off the market.

That amounts to a whopping 20 million live squiggly bacteria and up to

750 MILLION pus cells per liter (bit more than a quart).

1 cup = 236.5882cc 177,441,150 pus cells ~ 4,731,600 bacteria

24 oz (3 glasses) 532,323,450 pus cells ~ 14,220,000 bacteria

(the "recommended" daily intake)

The EU and the Canadians allow for a less "tasty" 400,000,000 pus cells

per liter.

Typically these levels are lower... but they COULD reach these levels

and still get to YOUR table.

* Calcium

Calcium? Where do the COWS get calcium for their big bones? Yes...

from plants! The calcium they consume from plants has a large amount of

magnesium... necessary for the body to absorb and USE the calcium.

The calcium in cow's milk is basically useless because it has

insufficient magnesium content (those nations with the highest amount of

milk/dairy consumption also have the highest rates of osteoporosis.

Proof? How about a controlled study of 78,000 nurses over a period of

12 years?

Cows milk has three times the calcium as does human breast milk.

No matter, neither are very usable because in order to be absorbed and used

their MUST be an equal quantity of MAGNESIUM (as exists in the greens

that cows eat to get all the calcium they need for their big bones).

Milk has only enough magnesium to absorb around 11% (33mg per cup) of

calcium.

Per the USDA 8 ounces (one cup) of cows milk contains:

Calcium, Ca mg 291.336

Magnesium, Mg mg 32.794

* Quantity

Each bite of hard cheese has TEN TIMES whatever was in that sip of

milk... because it takes ten pounds of milk to make one pound of cheese.

Each bite of ice cream has 12 times ... and every swipe of butter 21

times whatever is contained in the fat molecules in a sip of milk.

Source:

http://www.notmilk.com/milkinfo.txt

Whether is it true or not, it very easy to countercheck.

Just drink cow milk for 1 week with additional of some diary products like cheese between meals etc as you like.

See if your acne turns out worst or better. (no body gona comment if your body reacts rightfully or not, cos everyone is different for sure.)

I mean there's nothing to bash or be cynical about.

I know it's hard that alot food seems to have problems.

But let's be more rational, if something it's true and have some evidence to it, why always beg to differ just for the sake of it!? (to whoever in case they just cant wait to kill this thread watever)

I dont mean ya have to agree to everything here, but at least this might be relevant to some people here.

So let's make this place clean and tidy from excessive bashing for informational purposes .

Any helpful discussion is of course welcome! :)

MemberMember
(@dreamlify)

Posted : 06/20/2011 2:30 am

Acne occurs when steroids (androgens) stimulate the sebaceous glands within the skin's hair follicles. These glands then secrete an oily substance called sebum. When sebum, bacteria and dead skin cells build up on your skin, the pores become blocked, creating a zit.

What do you expect? When teenagers combine their own surging hormones with dietary saturated animal fat, cholesterol, steroid hormones, dead white blood cells, and cow pus, they're gonna get zits. The good news: The cure is an easy one: NOTMILK!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As pointed out by Dr. Jerome Fisher, 'About 80 percent of cows that are giving milk are pregnant and are throwing off hormones continuously.' Progesterone breaks down into androgens, which have been implicated as a factor in the development of acne...Dr. Fisher observed that his teenage acne patients improved as soon as the milk drinking stopped."

Don't Drink Your Milk, by Frank Oski, M.D. (Director, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Acne usually begins at puberty, when an increase in androgens causes an increase in the size and activity of pilosebaceous glands....if a food is suspected, it should be omitted for several weeks and then eaten in substantial quantities to determine if acne worsens."

MERCK Manual, Merck & Company, 2000

"Acne is an end-organ hyper-response to androgens...These data show that sebaceous glands are stimulated by androgens to varying degrees and support the theory of an end-organ response in acne."

British Journal of Dermatology, 1998 Jul, 139:1

"Acne vulgaris is a self-limiting skin disorder seen primarily in adolescents, whose etiology appears to be multifactorial. The immunologic response involves both humoral and cell-mediated pathways. Further research should clarify the role of complement, cytotoxins, and neutrophils in this acne-forming response."

Postgrad Med J, 1999 Jun, 75:884

"Hormones found in cow's milk include: Estradiol, Estriol, Progesterone, Testosterone, 17-Ketosteroids, Corticosterone, Vitamin D, insulin-like growth factor, growth hormone, prolactin, oxytocin..."

Journal of Endocrine Reviews, 14(6) 1992

"We studied the effects of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), alone and with androgen, on sebaceous epithelial cell growth...IGF-I was the most potent stimulus of DNA synthesis. These data are consistent with the concept that increases in GH and IGF production contribute in complementary ways to the increase in sebum production during puberty."

Endocrinology, 1999 Sep, 140:9, 4089-94

"...serum IGF-I levels increased significantly in the milk drinking groupaan increase of about 10% above baseline-but was unchanged in the control group."

Journal of the American Dietetic Association, vol. 99, no. 10. October 1999

Robert Cohen author of: MILK A-Z

(201-871-5871)

Executive Director ([email protected])

Dairy Education Board

http://www.notmilk.com

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 06/20/2011 2:40 am

Cool. Most milk is crappy.

But i'll continue eating a kilo of cheese a week and being clear and fit. I highly doubt anyone with acne is eating enough saturated fat. I never did.

MemberMember
(@dancedd)

Posted : 06/20/2011 3:56 am

But i'll continue eating a kilo of cheese a week and being clear and fit. I highly doubt anyone with acne is eating enough saturated fat. I never did.

thats alot of cheese!

MemberMember
(@violet-fire)

Posted : 06/20/2011 7:22 pm

Interesting thread, thank you

MemberMember
(@deantonio)

Posted : 06/20/2011 7:52 pm

Yeah I drink about a gallons of heavy cream a week with no ill effects, people don't realize that not all dairy is the same though.

MemberMember
(@melie87)

Posted : 06/20/2011 8:33 pm

I buy local organic cows milk, who had a grassy diet. I live in a highly health friendly place, santa cruz ca and I have even tried goats milk, I hear that that's better for you.

I have since cut out dairy just as an experiment for my skin. But I do take calcium supplements. I drink hemp and almond milk. But I think I need to incorporate dairy because I feel like I am loosing muscle tone...maybe it's just me.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 06/21/2011 3:53 am

You should try making some kefir cheese, uncle buck. Pretty simple to make a decent size amount and tastes just as good with the benefits of the few probiotic strains in kefir grains.

MemberMember
(@dreamlify)

Posted : 09/08/2011 9:54 pm

Interesting thread, thank you

Thankyou, you're welsome (:

I buy local organic cows milk, who had a grassy diet. I live in a highly health friendly place, santa cruz ca and I have even tried goats milk, I hear that that's better for you.

I have since cut out dairy just as an experiment for my skin. But I do take calcium supplements. I drink hemp and almond milk. But I think I need to incorporate dairy because I feel like I am loosing muscle tone...maybe it's just me.

Yea there's alot saying that goat milk has lesser allgerent, (i wont dare say too much cos i havent done alot research about gaot milk, but i would definately prefer that to highly contained androgen cow milk.)

And i love almond milk!

Soya milk is good too! - contains estrogen hopefully balance some with high testerone/ androgen.

MemberMember
(@freeliving)

Posted : 09/08/2011 9:59 pm

I don't really drink milk that often in the morning like i use to but i love ice cream and cheese and i eat the fuck out of em, never messes up my clear skin and i dont believe it ever caused me acne when i had it

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/08/2011 10:20 pm

Here are the reasons why dairy is a major contributor to acne:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Acne-dair...al-t294804.html

Contains IGF-1 that affects hyperkeratinization/hyperproliferation which is at the root of acne formation. Also affects the growth of cancers...

It contains 5alpha-P a precursor to DHT. See the study stunningly titled: Acne, dairy and cancer: The 5alpha-P link. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20046583

Low fat dairy (and sweetened products) has a high glycemic impact.

It's insulinemic, being high in the amino acids that directly stimulate insulin. Whey is high in these aminos. And insulin stimulates IGF-1.

It's very common to be allergic to the casein and other substances that will be in all dairy products regardless of processing. Dairy from goats, sheep, etc tend to be less problematic in that respect.

It's very common to be lactose intolerant. Lactose is reduced in yogurts, kefir, cheese...

There's the lectin content in dairy from grain fed animals. Lectins are anti-nutrients that cause various kinds/degrees of harm and may directly affect hyperkeratinization. Reduced by fermentation as in cheeses, yogurt, kefir and the like.

Omega 6 content in dairy from grain fed animals...

MemberMember
(@onetwopassit)

Posted : 09/08/2011 10:45 pm

What fat source is better than butter? Especially for the price.

MemberMember
(@vapor1)

Posted : 09/09/2011 12:30 am

From what I've read, butter may not be as bad as normal dairy products. For one, butter doesn't contain the insulin-raising proteins. butter is mostly made of fat

MemberMember
(@venus-in-virgo-gal)

Posted : 09/09/2011 11:47 am

Thanks for that info Dreamlify. I eat organic probiotic yogurt, but that is still considered dairy. I have not yet searched for non-dairy yogurts to consider buying.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/09/2011 4:47 pm

What fat source is better than butter? Especially for the price.

olive, coconut oil? well they r a bit pricey too (well depends on where u live i guess though) but well buy a liter bottle and it will last pretty long

also avocado, eggs, fish etc

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/21/2012 2:50 pm

what about pasture raised raw heavy cream?

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 10/21/2012 2:54 pm

Everyone is different. Cheese dosen't break me out in the slightest. Thank God.

MemberMember
(@bsdetector)

Posted : 10/22/2012 5:42 am

Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Yeah, and fruits, vegetables, and grains are only meant for baby plants. Eggs are only meant for baby chickens.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/22/2012 6:41 am

Acne occurs when steroids (androgens) stimulate the sebaceous glands within the skin's hair follicles. These glands then secrete an oily substance called sebum. When sebum, bacteria and dead skin cells build up on your skin, the pores become blocked, creating a zit.

What do you expect? When teenagers combine their own surging hormones with dietary saturated animal fat, cholesterol, steroid hormones, dead white blood cells, and cow pus, they're gonna get zits. The good news: The cure is an easy one: NOTMILK!

"As pointed out by Dr. Jerome Fisher, 'About 80 percent of cows that are giving milk are pregnant and are throwing off hormones continuously.' Progesterone breaks down into androgens, which have been implicated as a factor in the development of acne...Dr. Fisher observed that his teenage acne patients improved as soon as the milk drinking stopped."

Don't Drink Your Milk, by Frank Oski, M.D. (Director, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine)

"Acne usually begins at puberty, when an increase in androgens causes an increase in the size and activity of pilosebaceous glands....if a food is suspected, it should be omitted for several weeks and then eaten in substantial quantities to determine if acne worsens."

MERCK Manual, Merck & Company, 2000

"Acne is an end-organ hyper-response to androgens...These data show that sebaceous glands are stimulated by androgens to varying degrees and support the theory of an end-organ response in acne."

British Journal of Dermatology, 1998 Jul, 139:1

"Acne vulgaris is a self-limiting skin disorder seen primarily in adolescents, whose etiology appears to be multifactorial. The immunologic response involves both humoral and cell-mediated pathways. Further research should clarify the role of complement, cytotoxins, and neutrophils in this acne-forming response."

Postgrad Med J, 1999 Jun, 75:884

"Hormones found in cow's milk include: Estradiol, Estriol, Progesterone, Testosterone, 17-Ketosteroids, Corticosterone, Vitamin D, insulin-like growth factor, growth hormone, prolactin, oxytocin..."

Journal of Endocrine Reviews, 14(6) 1992

"We studied the effects of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), alone and with androgen, on sebaceous epithelial cell growth...IGF-I was the most potent stimulus of DNA synthesis. These data are consistent with the concept that increases in GH and IGF production contribute in complementary ways to the increase in sebum production during puberty."

Endocrinology, 1999 Sep, 140:9, 4089-94

"...serum IGF-I levels increased significantly in the milk drinking groupaan increase of about 10% above baseline-but was unchanged in the control group."

Journal of the American Dietetic Association, vol. 99, no. 10. October 1999

Robert Cohen author of: MILK A-Z

(201-871-5871)

Executive Director ([email protected])

Dairy Education Board

http://www.notmilk.com

Interesting read and it is true we're not meant to drink cows milk.

However i have cut dairy from my diet and still get acne. Therefore this one variable doesn't have the same effect on every individual.

I know people who practically live on dairy and don't get acne. It's not one glove fits all.