Notifications
Clear all

I Believe Ginger Tea Works!

MemberMember
(@freedomite)

Posted : 02/20/2011 2:33 am

I hope I can be of help to all the acne sufferers reading this post right now.

I have been an acne sufferer for the past 14 years. I could remember those darn pimples swelling on my face especially when my period comes along. Years have gone by, and I have noticed that my face had gotten worse. From mild to moderate pimples, I started to have moderate to severe acne I believe. I was even scared to look in the mirror just to see those ugly, big red bumps all over my face. After one bump or another disappears, 3 to 8 big, ugly bumps appear. I had big, ugly scars that I wanted to hide from the world. I have gotten tired of hiding from people especially my friends. Fortunately, they have been very understanding of my condition.

I have not tried everything, yet I have tried sorts of soaps, exfoliants, creams, washing my face regularly, changing my diet, and hoping on green tea, sweet potatoes, and vitamins. I have tried Benzoyl Peroxide when I was in college. It helped to fade a lot of my acne yet leaving behind ugly scars. Ever since I got tired of using it, I noticed that my acne became worse to the point that I was not leaving home for almost a year because acne almost covered my entire face. I know the feeling of having that low self-esteem that my mother had even saw me crying to death because of this dreaded disease. After that year, I started to work in one of the most progressive cities in the Philippines when my acne started to clear a little while. My cousin there suggested that I use Golden Horse cream. It made my face became almost clear after an episode of horrible acne when first using the product. However, my face didn't clear up that much.

However, acne still returns with a deep vengeance. When I got back to school again to pursue another course, stress swelled up and my acne worsen. I used creams to battle the acne off but to no avail. I just don't understand why my acne won't just stop. I know I just can't control my diet that I was even having a junk food for breakfast. When I realized that I was really having this gruesome difficulty, I started controlling my diet as I have learned from the Internet. I tried to eat sweet potatoes and green tea while avoiding sugars and processed foods (such as colas, junk food, bread, rice, pasta, etc.) for almost 2 months. I even almost overdosed myself with expensive vitamins. I lost weight and my acne was controlled, yet my acne still return over a short period of time after I started to break my diet. The worse thing was in every small pimple growing on my face, expect that it will grow to a horrible, big bump and would disappear in a matter of weeks or more than a month (or even months!) and more big bumps will grow before the old ones disappear. I was very desperate in searching for a solution. I searched websites to help me with this terrible problem that almost ruined my life.

Finally, I have stumbled through an article in the Internet claiming that ginger tea works wonders. It made the author cure his severe acne and he was drinking 3 cups per day. Why not give it a try? So I continued to control my diet and started doses of ginger tea of 2 cups per day.

Fortunately, I did see wonders.

What I have done was this.

I started to use lukewarm or even hot water to wash my face twice a day (can be very antibacterial as my sources have suggested) for I was only washing my face with cold water. From what I have learned in the Internet, a mild soap (I have been using guava soap. It had glycerin, olive oil, and guava extract in it. Very mild.) can be very helpful in reducing the inflammation caused by acne. I drank 2 cups of ginger tea per day, commonly for breakfast and before going to bed. As for the acne and small bumps that were still remaining, I have used zinc oxide plus calamine ointment after washing my face. I'm not rich, you know. I have to find means that are not costly.

For a month, I noticed that my acne had been disappearing. I noticed almost unnoticeable very small pimples (slightly red) not growing to very big bumps that can be too pronounced on my face. I put some ointment on them everyday and they disappear quickly. The miracle here was my acne doesn't respond to any ointment I put on my face. The bumps took a matter of weeks or even a month before disappearing. And now, if I apply this ointment on my face after every wash on even a big, red bump, it disappears in 2 days or utmost, 5 days. At least I have found some miracle in here!

Maybe I can attribute this to ginger tea as researches claim that this tea is anti-inflammatory. I have been taking doses of green tea and eating sweet potatoes for 2 months while having my diet controlled. I have lost only my weight but the acne still continued after breaking my diet. I started ginger tea with my diet controlled and it had worked some wonders. When I started to get back eating processed foods and all those nasty stuff that can contribute to acne but still drinking ginger tea, it really is a miracle that my face is still 96% clear up to now. MY FACE HAD NEVER BEEN THIS CLEAR. Now, I am drinking ginger tea once a day only at breakfast. My only problem now is that there are still acne scars left on my face. Maybe I can find a natural way to remove these in the future.

Maybe those who have read this post should try. There's nothing to lose in trying. I hope I can be of help to all those battling with terrible acne.

Mem_mandala, ktkt86, Ube Jam and 1 people liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/20/2011 12:22 pm

ive drink plenty of ginger teas before too, its good stuff (maybe adding raw ginger to food would be good too? ) but it alone didnt do too much tho, maybe its those potatos that got u clear rather? and effect just showed up later n were kinda hastened by ginger maybe? bcz its kinda hard to believe just ginger tea would clear u up even when u eat bad foods :/ ill make sure to get some ginger next time at shop tho

MemberMember
(@ladybee)

Posted : 04/07/2015 11:16 am

I'm actually getting married in a week and a half. I've been majorly stressed off of my acne. I've been doing everything I know that usually helps and it had only gotten worse. Now a neighbor of mine had given me some ginger tea a while back that I never before drank because I'm usually a green tea girl. Anyhow I started drinking it within the last week or so just for the heck of it and I'm noticing an amazing change in my skin. Like really really good. I definitely think the ginger tea is the reason.

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 09/06/2016 6:35 am

bump

MemberMember
(@laura-perez-martinez)

Posted : 03/17/2018 6:12 pm

I mix about one finger size piece of fresh ginger in a blender and add that to a large glass of water and drink that throughout the day. It seems to work really well. I also made a mask of cinnamon with egg and that has also been helping to reduce the scars. But the mask will burn and you need to do a patch test for at least 1hr because some people are allergic to the cinnamon and will get a rash from it. I didn't, and my skin looked noticeably better after the first application which I had on for 1hr.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 03/19/2018 2:16 am

Oh, itdefinitely does work for me too! I have a hugechunk of ginger chopped up in lemon and hot water before bed and it never fails to calm my skin. I see it like medicine now! I always eatthe ginger.

MemberMember
(@ryancoloma)

Posted : 03/27/2018 1:06 am

I have to give this a try. Thanks for the info.

MemberMember
(@vicpaz)

Posted : 03/20/2019 8:55 am

Hello people :)

I have read a lot of good reviews about ginger and I was planning to start taking it as a supplement for acne. I only have a question for all the people who replied this post. You started using ginger a long time ago. Are you still using it? Does it work as a long term solution? And during all these time, did you find any side effects? Thank you to all.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 03/23/2019 7:20 pm

On 3/20/2019 at 8:55 PM, vicpaz said:

Hello people :)

I have read a lot of good reviews about ginger and I was planning to start taking it as a supplement for acne. I only have a question for all the people who replied this post. You started using ginger a long time ago. Are you still using it? Does it work as a long term solution? And during all these time, did you find any side effects? Thank you to all.

It only works as an anti-inflammatory, so it just calms the redness of pimples. It won™t stop them from appearing the the first place, but will help them to not get angry. I wouldn™t bother with a supplement; would take strong fresh ginger and the more the better.

Cannot be taken during pregnancy as it™s quite a powerful relaxant on the body. 

MemberMember
(@vicpaz)

Posted : 03/27/2019 5:05 am

On 3/24/2019 at 1:20 AM, Foodforthought said:

It only works as an anti-inflammatory, so it just calms the redness of pimples. It wont stop them from appearing the the first place, but will help them to not get angry.I wouldnt bother with a supplement; would take strong fresh ginger and the more the better.

Cannot be taken during pregnancy as its quite a powerful relaxant on the body.

Thanks for your answer 🙂 Actually I have been drinking ginger tea for a week now and I am noticing the same effects you mentioned. It helps with inflammation but I still have a lot of clogged pores. I will continue drinking it as I think it is helping a little bit.