Notifications
Clear all

Any success stories

MemberMember
(@seductiveartistica)

Posted : 02/20/2008 12:34 pm

Does anyone have any success stories for supplements they have take for acne? I started taking zinc, evening primrose oil, and Vitamin C. I'm using a few things topically but I do still have 1 or two active spots and sometimes they are the inflamed kind. Has anyone had any success with these supplements? I've browsed through these pages and haven't found any success stories. Anyone stop their acne completely with B6 which I read is as successful as Accutane?

MemberMember
(@jodiat)

Posted : 02/20/2008 12:54 pm

Stuff on its 'own' imo wont work completly unless its a drug. I feel its more a combination of things thats added, changed or stopped that will give real, long term results. Thats why I dont think you will see many ppl writing that just this or that added will cure. Its not impossible dont get me wrong, reading sweetjades post shows for some people simply adding omega oils is what the body is crying out for. For me my acne was moderate and it took alot more digging and trying then I would have liked. Youve added good stuff tho and im sure youll see an improvement but from all Ive seen and read I do only think it will be an improvement. Hope im wrong tho.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/20/2008 1:41 pm

I took a b-complex that had zinc and C, along with more C and saw palmetto and it made my skin a lot less oily and I rarely had any inflamed acne on my face. That was the first thing ever that helped me.

Just about everything else I supplement with, I started after the diet changes which cleared my skin.

MemberMember
(@socold)
MemberMember
(@seductiveartistica)

Posted : 02/20/2008 7:46 pm

I just went to Vitamin Shoppe and bought B Complex and Pantothenic Acid (250mg). So now I am taking Vitamin C, Zinc, multivitamin, Women's Phase I, Oil of Evening Primrose and the supplements I bought today. I also found a line of homeopathic remedies by Boiron. I've never tried the brand but I figured it wasn't expensive so I had nothing to loose. They sell this supplement called calcarea sulphurica which is for acne. I did some googling and found this review on Amazon, I'm not sure why they gave it four stars if it worked just fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Boiron-Homeopathic-M...a/dp/B000FTYK3O

One of these things has to work!

MemberMember
(@seductiveartistica)

Posted : 02/22/2008 10:38 am

UPDATE: I've been taking the supplements and so far no outbreaks! Take into consideration I've slept with makeup on too.

MemberMember
(@kar0bean)

Posted : 07/06/2014 5:38 pm

I have been suffering from acne since I can remember. Tried everything from birth control to antibiotics to topicals to a better diet to proactiv. You name it I've tried it. The only thing I've refused to take was accutane.

The story is a long one and quite similar to others.

I finally got relief from my acne from vitex/chasteberry woman's supplements to decrease PMS symptoms. Do your research before taking as you may have a different type of imbalance in your body than I do.

I feel this has helped but what really changed the game for me was to stop wearing cover up. It was the hardest thing I had ever done, but I now don't wash my face or even try to get it wet in the shower. I let my skin heal itself on its own. There is no need for topical skincare when the body is fully capable of recovery.

My acne was emotionally related. I still have issues with it however I have come to terms with my skin and find myself beautiful and feeling more free. If you feel ashamed of your skin and like nobody will love you because of it....you need go learn to accept yourself and your flaws and become comfortable showing them off. As hard as it sounds I am way more well rounded, confident and proud of who I am to make that step in my life for myself.

Since I stopped using skin care products and make up my skin has cleared up drastically. I have never been happier and I find it easier to be myself and step outside of the house. I feel a sense of freedom and happiness I have never felt before and I strongly recommend healing your emotions that are sometimes the root cause of the problem.

Attatched is a photo of me with my make up free face :)

Namaste my friends

post-407521-0-49383100-1404686220_thumb.