Notifications
Clear all

Green tea Benefits

MemberMember
(@acneval)

Posted : 01/21/2008 9:06 am

Chinese green tea benefits are numerous - most are health-related but some are cultural, especially in China, the home of green tea. Here, people drink green tea during meals to improve digestion and dissolve oil or fat in the food, and throughout the day as a refreshing beverage. Green tea is also offered to visitors to welcome them into the home or workplace, and it's a common ingredient in many traditional health remedies. Listed below are some Chinese green tea benefits, as well as common green tea uses, and tips on how to make a cup of green tea.

Chinese Green Tea Benefits

According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, these are some important green tea medical benefits:

Stops thirst

Stimulates appetite

Improves digestion

Diuretic

Clears heat from your body

Removes phlegm

Reduces fat

Reduces high cholesterol

Green Tea Uses

While there are numerous Chinese green tea benefits, there are also many traditional green tea uses, not just as a drink, but as a skin wash, a mouthwash, and as an ingredient in folk remedies.

Green tea mouthwash: Trying to find green tea mouthwash to buy? The traditional way is to simply place 1-3 grams of loose green tea leaves in a cup and add hot water. When it cools, use the tea to rinse your mouth. Repeat as often as you like. Green tea cleans your teeth and prevents tooth decay and problems like gingivitis.

Green tea cleansing skin care wash: Another of the traditional green tea uses - to cleanse and cool your face and body skin. It's also used in cases of swelling, inflammation and itching, e.g. from insect bites and sunburn. Steep 6 grams of loose or whole green tea leaves in a bowl of hot water. When cool, apply the leaves directly to the skin or use the tea water to wash the skin.

Green tea and weight control: It is generally believed in China that you can drink green tea to lose weight. For this reason it is not uncommon for thin people to be advised not to drink too much tea. Pu Er Tea from Yunnan province in China is reknowned for its ability to benefit digestion, reduce fat and treat obesity. Steep 6 grams of the tea in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes. Drink throughout the day by topping up the cup with fresh, hot water as required. Cover the cup when not in use.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 01/06/2015 10:32 am

Green tea is amazing. I drink regular green tea everyday & purechimp super tea and it helps my acne (basically it replaces the coffee & energy drinks that break some people out).

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 01/06/2015 11:04 am

I adore green tea. I used to drink it in gallons. It is the best <3