Notifications
Clear all

HAVE to go to school tomorrow...

MemberMember
(@testosterone)

Posted : 09/27/2005 7:56 am

2 weeks ago I was sick for the whole school week which was normal cause I was stuffed, etc and couldn't go. Now this week I've missed Monday and Today because of my redmarks, they're not even big but I feel very bad about them. People have never said anything, maybe cause I wear makeup (and girls notice it and make me feel bad). THe marks were from a glycolic peel burn so the VERY small dryness/scabs that are left should be gone or almost gone tomorrow morning. I need to go to school. My parents think I've been at school but I haven't and have been hiding at my grandmother's, she understands and keeps it on the d-low. smile.gif How do I go tomorrow?

MemberMember
(@stefy)

Posted : 09/27/2005 8:19 am

If the problem is red marks, you shouldn't wearing foundation, because it can be more noticeble, and you don't need to cover all your whole face...

I recommend dabbing concelear on the red marks (not spread it) just dab it in as long as it's blended well with the skin and the marks are covered.....some powder over them can make the concelear stay for longer...

Hope that helps eusa_angel.gif

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@egoprofit)

Posted : 09/27/2005 11:22 am

in all honesty you're letting your personal education suffer because of your self concious thoughts... the big question is why? why would you do that? just go to school like everyone else and try not to worry about how you look..

... besides.. 10 years from now when you're trying to get a decent job you're not going to worry about the red marks you had.. but you might worry about your GPA being lower because you missed so much school!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/27/2005 11:25 am

I gave you advice so many times but you just don't even care to take that advice. I think only you can help yourself.

MemberMember
(@egoprofit)

Posted : 09/27/2005 11:31 am

I gave you advice so many times but you just don't even care to take that advice. I think only you can help yourself.

hey baby

MemberMember
(@bluelight)

Posted : 09/27/2005 11:39 am

Yup, how about a concealer like Stefy said?

MemberMember
(@soundchaser)

Posted : 09/29/2005 12:26 pm

I know Im the notorious 'zitro', but I want to say something about this.

There are levels of suffering in each person because of acne. Depending on actions, you shape your life. Certain actions are negative and will make feel worse as a short-term effect and a long-term effect. In acne, that negative action is to let your acne control your decisions on important things such as education and social life.

It is very common that isolating oneself from the world because of a problem is similar to taking pain off with drugs. It eventually leads to a very harmful addiction that would destroy you slowly.

Imagine how bad it would be to go to school with the redmarks you mention. What could happen? maybe ladies will look at you less, and as a worst case scenario, maybe someone would point out your skin problems. So what? If you can show yourself and the world that a problem such as acne won't get in your way, then life will improve more than you would imagine it to be.

Every action has a consequence ... what is the consequence of skipping school? bad grades, and an urge to continue to skip

Tell me ... what is the consequence of showing up to school when your acne is worse than it usually is?

Be strong.

MemberMember
(@mtass1604)

Posted : 11/07/2016 7:42 am

I really feel for you because I do the exact same thing. My acne isn't that bad and doesn't really react when I put makeup on so I do it anyway. But I hate my skin so much that I put way to much on and it's so noticeable and girls can see it and they don't bother me about it but I still feel bad . Nones ever said anything mean about it tho but I can feel them thinking about how gross I look because there are not that many people with acne in my school. I didn't go to my cousins birthday yesterday and I love seeing them. But I thought my acne was so bad and none understands and thinks I'm overreacting. If it gets really bad I tell my mom and my sister and they cover it up for me. I think you should tell your parents if this is bothering you this much and maybe ask them to help you cover it up. And I know it can be embarrassing to ask because I would never put makeup on my face but I felt like I had to. And if it makes you feel better while you treat it I say go for it as long as it won't affect your skin and make it worse with oils etc. I'm staying home today cus I thought my acne was bad. My family says it's not and that I'm being to self conscious about it. I have off tomorrow but I don't know what I'm gonna do on Wednesday of Thursday cus I have off again on Friday. I started crying and all the stuff I put on cam off and I just gave up. I don't want this to be a regular thing and my family encourages me to talk about it but I don't like to.i really encourage you to talk about it with someone and think of some ways to cover it up safely or maybe you could even talk to a doctor. Because I don't want people to have such low self esteem. Because I bet all of you are beautiful in some way. So maybe just talk it out with your parents and ask them how you can go about this or if your really close to a girl friend you could ask them for help if you know they won't tell anyone.
I hope this helped,hang in there because eventually it will get better if you keep making an effort too