Notifications
Clear all

acne for 22 years

MemberMember
(@mtune)

Posted : 10/25/2017 1:13 pm

Had acne since 11 years old and now I'm 33. Never had a girlfriend and just want to hide under a blanket and watch YouTube and just cry to myself all day.

Ifeel so worthless my little nephews ask me to go Chuckie e cheese or like a ride park and I always make an excuse because I can't even go outside anymore. I feel like the worse uncle on Earth. My cursed face is making me miss out on my nephews childhood. I attempted to go out with them a few times and I end up sitting in a corner with them and they're wondering why we aren't going on all the rides. I begin to have a panic attack, the disease overwhelms me where I will find solitude and peace sitting in a washroom stall.

I work night shifts to hide my face and I'm so sick and tired of those stares and the pity sad face people give you when you're talking to them while they're zooming in on your acne. Most people will say eww or make a face or when a girl bumps in to you she'll act so scared or say eww

Girls are so cruel to guys with acne it's not even funny because girls dont like acne and it's understandable it's not they're fault. I don't even want to find a someone because I don't want to put them through the suffering of being with someone with my acne and pain and imagine all the pain when you have a child, you'll pass acne on to them.

I always say I will end the curse and never pro create. Only reason I'm alive is because of my mom and I can't bear leaving her to cry in this world. I have no will or motivation to live life at all. I'm so over it and I've been over it.

I have acne on my whole body and arms and face and even my neck. I'm sick and tired of hiding and wearing sweatshirts and hoodies in the summer to hide everything but revealing it hurts even more.

Managed to go on a few dates through online sites and whenever the girl sees me you can see the instant turn off and they sometimes even get sad and continue the date but when the night ends we both understand this will never happen again and it's never another date. They carry on the date because they feel sad for me but it's makes it even more sad and akward because they know that I know. It's not even they're fault nobody wants someone with puss or bubbles all over there face. When paint on the wall has bubbles and run marks immediately people sand it down and repaint...so imagine a face ...that says it all...face and skin determines how the world will react to you and treat you and will in turn effect you so negatively.

I'm officially done trying to meet someone and because I understand it now and miracle won't happen. Since 12 haven't gone anywhere ever just school to home or work to home and hid under blanket. I'm typing this sitting in a dark room in my blanket. I stopped looking in the mirror as well.

no matter how many showers or nice clothes I always feel dirty and filthy and I'm always sweating from acne and oily skin. Always feel filthy. Scared to eat in public because it feels like my face is the oil pan the food was cooked in.

I pray to God that he doesn't give my nephew acne he's very sensitive and his mother has acne too. I prayed god if you exist then please don't worry about my life just make my nephews face clear and make him confident. I'm living for my family and don't wanna see my nephew go through that.

Sorry I'm at my lowest right now. I'm also a virgin and I never kissed or held a girls hand. Only been on a couple short akward dates that felt like I was in jail while she looked at my face with disguist.

Sorry just wanted to vent, I've been reading on this site for years and I finally wanted to post and join the forum.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/25/2017 1:27 pm

Go to your dr and dont leave without oral anti biotics and prescription strength topical if you can get it.tetracycline,the list gis on.

rather than feeling down best is to get on the case and treat your face,it all starts with you,if you aint gonna do something maybe you think someone else is???

so now your gonna make dr appointment,show your skin,dont leave without oral anti biotic and see how that works in your skin.
:)

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 10/26/2017 8:49 am

i am in the same boat, 32 never had a gf,bullied, alcoholic father - shit childhood.

gave up caring a long time ago,... so no good job.

i try my best with new people (girls/women) but no point trying. harsh fact but some women cant be around genetically weak/ugly guys.

personally dont bother with "petty" girls but i find even the below average girls have high standards lol (sucks for me). - funnything is, if i avoid these "pretty" girls in day to day life.. some how im the bad guy (how the fu%k that works, idont know)

- a while back, on tvi heard this gay guy in his earily60s moaning about how he and othergay people of his generation didnt get to experiment with daiting at school so they found it very hard to date in later life..... i was thinking to my self. sh*t im hedro and im in the same boat as a gay guy in his 60s.

MemberMember
(@mtune)

Posted : 10/26/2017 9:12 am

20 minutes ago, MrBakery said:

i am in the same boat, 32 never had a gf,bullied, alcoholic father - shit childhood.

gave up caring a long time ago,... so no good job.

i try my best with new people (girls/women) but no point trying. harsh fact but some women cant be around genetically weak/ugly guys.

personally dont bother with "petty" girls but i find even the below average girls have high standards lol (sucks for me).

- a while back, on tvi heard this gay guy in his earily60s moaning about how he and othergay people of his generation didnt get to experiment with daiting at school so they found it very hard to datein later life..... i was thinking to my self. sh*t im hedro and im in the same boat as a gay guy in his 60s.

yea man that's 100% exactly the same. Aside from acne issues I had a bad childhood my father always said I was a looser and shy like a girl and would also call me a faggot...even my mom....sister's would too Even though one of them has severe acne too...school was hell for me use to sit in the washroom stall for full lunch period for all of grade school, middle school and high school. I'm the same abused child I was at 11 that Iam now at 33 because experienced nothing in life except pain of acne. Only thing changed is in adulthood is paying bills ....

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 10/26/2017 10:17 am

Have you tried Accutane?

MemberMember
(@mtune)

Posted : 10/26/2017 12:41 pm

Yea tried accutane back in my teens didn't work at all. It actually made things even worse....my accutane years were the toughest. I find when my acne is at it's least worse is when I do nothing at all and just go vegan...mind still bad acne but it's from 100% disguising to 85% gross

MemberMember
(@etphonehom)

Posted : 10/26/2017 12:51 pm

holisticdermatology... This is the answer.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/26/2017 2:05 pm

My philosophy is to never give up,if your face is a mess,then trying to make it better and failing wont make difference????

what happens if you find a oral or topical solution for your skn and things get better.

am 51!

now i been on tetracycline for like 3 weeks and it realy has cleared up my acne but i was mainly rosacea,red nose,whiteheads and sore round nose,frikkin got sick of it.

then got folliculitus and had no choince but to get my ass up to dr,got flucloxacillin then my folliculitus started calming down.3 courses later,it was calmer but not gone but my skin cleared up.a dr finaly gave me tetracycline/lymecycline,pretty much from day 1 it started working and bar a spot on my eye brow for some reason i am nice and clear and my scalp acne/folliculitus is clear.

if i had taken a negligent attitude and didnt get off my ass i would be still suffering so there is something out there for me and i went out and fate made me what i am today?

so i got acne scars,i am now 3 tca cross and 7 peels later and i notice my scarring is less and overall texturevis better,thats 10 months of treating and healing.so if i did nothing my skin gonna get better or stay same?

i changed diet in past for my skin and did nothing bar lose weight and skin was worse.now i am 14st and eat sweet stuff,donner and chips?anythings systems are green and go! tetracycline is keeping me clear so it was not diet with me,it was my immune system.

why i try to point out to you to put your body in normal mode,just act and eat normal,get to dr and start getting anti biotics,also just look after general hygene,do the things that make you not dirty,even give up smoking if you smoke.

do you do drugs?
:)

MemberMember
(@mtune)

Posted : 10/26/2017 3:44 pm

^^ honestly glad you're positive and something's working for you

Truth be told didn't come here for a solution, just wanted to share amongst my fellow brothers and sisters in this serious struggle.

I honestly don't care to treat it no more because I'm 33 and acne took my prime years that mould and shape one's life.

Will never experience the teens and 20's like a normal person. Approaching 40 now and life is almost done. At this point, everyone has already slept with 100s of women, been in dozens of relationships, experienced love and vacations with girlfriend's, played sports, experienced the world in their prime and now they're married, have kids and settled, meanwhile I'm still envious when looking at kid couples standing at the bus stop and holding hands, thinking "wow I never experienced even the small innocent love in my grade school days and never will"

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/28/2017 3:27 am

I've had years of cystic acne that literally tore me up from inside. so I can relate to most of you. I didn't have a health insurance at the time, so I never had the chance to go see a derm. Anyway, don't lose hope. It can be overcome. Here are some suggestions from personal experience.

First thing is that you should never pick your acnes. This will only leave permanent scars (eg. pits). Cystic acnes are especially notorious because they often do leave scars behind even if you don't pick them. So be extra careful not to aggravate cystic acnes.

Second, you need to cut out all source of stress from your life. Stress is the biggest culprit of acne infestation. If you don't contain it soon enough, it will get out of control. Then the zits will make you more stressful and you will soon find yourself in a vicious cycle of zit vs stress.

Third, cut out all dairy products and minimize sugar intake from your diet. Drink a lot of water and avoid carbonated drinks. Lastly consume raw fruit and vegetables. What you eat defines who you are.

Lastly, this might sound the most controversial but it is most helpful since it helped me clear up my zits. It's really too simple to be believed. I used to use all types of over-the-counter topical medications in the hope of controlling my acne. Over time, they only caused my body to build up a resistance and none of these products worked. So I decided that I needed a change.So I stopped using all products and I would wash my face twice a day with only water. This was repeated daily and I believe within 2 months or so most of the zits had cleared up. Before, my face was also very oily. But by this time, it was not oily at all.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 10/28/2017 10:32 am

7 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

First thing is that you should never pick your acnes. This will only leave permanent scars (eg. pits). Cystic acnes are especially notorious because they often do leave scars behind even if you don't pick them. So be extra careful not to aggravate cystic acnes.

might change with age but the only good thing about my skin is that although it often looks like garbage, it heals up really well and i dont have any bad scars.