Notifications
Clear all

I can't do this

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 09/16/2017 12:20 am

I feel so overwhelmed. Everyday I'm scared to get up and look in the mirror. New pimples won't stop coming and it just builds and builds. I feel like a sad and unlovable mess. i don't feel like an adult or normal human. I 'm feeling very depressed tonight.

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 09/16/2017 3:27 am

I feel the same sometimes. Please never think that you are unlovable. No individual is unlovable. Acne can make one feel depressed but please keep trying to find a treatment that works for you. If you keep taking positive action to treat your acne, hopefully you will start to feel happier. My doctor prescribed me epiduo which has helped me.

MemberMember
(@gone)

Posted : 09/17/2017 9:20 am

It gets annoying doesn't it? I dealt with it all throughout high school and my early 20s until I blasted it into oblivion with almost 12,000mg of accutane.

MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 09/18/2017 12:34 pm

On 9/16/2017 at 7:20 AM, bellacat said:

I feel so overwhelmed. Everyday I'm scared to get up and look in the mirror. New pimples won't stop coming and it just builds and builds. I feel like a sad and unlovable mess. i don't feel like an adult or normal human. I 'm feeling very depressed tonight.

I had for 8 years severe acne and now I have scars and for 8 years im feel very very depressed I was devastated, only accutane clear my acne and you can try it.

sorry for my eng.

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 09/18/2017 6:51 pm

I've tried accutane 3x :( 
at this point it's too harsh on my body. Yeah pretty hopeless

MemberMember
(@wannabeactor)

Posted : 09/19/2017 3:16 am

I'm really sorry; that's got to be so painful on top of it all because acne can hurt, especially the deep cystic stuff.  I know firsthand.  

I'm determined not to let it get the best of me and keep fighting it no matter how hopeless it looks for me as much as this disease has taken away from me.  I spend a lot of time doing research since my dermatologist was more useless than any google search I ever had on acne, and am determined to find an answer to this no matter what.  If I never DO find the answer, at least I gave it my all, and for my biggest dreams too.

Don't give up the search and please hang in there.  You're not alone here at all B|