Notifications
Clear all

I'm in despair

MemberMember
(@mmariaiaa)

Posted : 05/02/2017 2:51 am

I have suffered from mild-moderate acne for about 3 years now, but it has always been focused on my forehead. Recently last year, I managed to clear my skin and I was acne free for about 2-3 months but then suddenly, at the start of this year, I broke out on my cheeks (which I have never had before!). This really damaged my self esteem and caused me to see a dermatologist. Since then, I have been prescribed yasmin birth control (been on it only fora week though)to help clear up my skin along with Stieva-A cream (which is a retinoid, used for 2 months) to help with acne along with scarring. It has been approximately two months and my acne is worst than ever. I have breakouts on my forehead and cheeks and I just feel so depressed. I don't want to go out in public. I don't want to see my boyfriend. I don't want to live anymore. I feel shit about myself constantly, I feel like people are watching me. I feel like everyone is looking at my acne and judging me. I always look at people's skin and just envy them for their beautiful clear skin. I'm so sad. I no longer have motivation to do anything because of my acne. I'm sick of this despair and struggle. Nothing seems to be working for me.

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 05/03/2017 6:10 pm

I'm so sorry you are going this. i know exactly how you feel, i've been in the same boat. I don't have any recomendations but I just want to say that you're not alone. hugs

MemberMember
(@nikki_gargin)

Posted : 05/03/2017 6:55 pm

I can really relate to this post. I miss my face so much! I look back at photo's only taken 5 months ago and yeah I have a few pimples but just normal womanly pimples. now I'm infested all over face, neck and back. Try and stay positive that you will get there because all we can do is hope at the end of the day. I even feel jealous of my 61 year old mum at the moment because she never experienced this and her skin looks amazing! my 61 year old mum is more attractive than me at the moment lol I just have faith this shit will go. Try and stay strong x