Notifications
Clear all

One part of me says I can live with acne and the other breaks down and cries

MemberMember
(@lydiatank)

Posted : 11/21/2016 2:43 pm

I've had acne now for 2 years but in the last few months it has gotten major. Cysts on my back and jawline. Whiteheads and blackheads on my face, neck, back, and heat. My medicine makes my face red and I cover it with foundation. My face is so bumpy, red, and dry. Sometimes I find myself saying "I can live with acne, I can do this." Other times I find myself crying and wishing I was dead. The stress of my first year of high school just makes it worse.  I'm starting accutane soon (hopefully). This has been a living hell for me and I can't wait to see it end.

image.jpg

IMG_3036.JPG

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/21/2016 4:37 pm

Try keep your head up girl. Hopefully if you get accutane just know that you will be doing all you can to help your skin and try not to worry. Let us know what the derm says. Good luck love 

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/21/2016 4:54 pm

Hi Lydia,
I wanted to share our progress log with you. My son is your age and had a really rough go this past winter with acne. But thanks to the Acne.Org Regimen and a course of antibiotics, he's clear today!! Have a look at his before and after pictures on page 4 of our log. His before pics were really bad!!!!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/345725-acneorg-regimen-progress-15-yr-old-boy/

The point is not to give up. You'll get through this!! Many, many people on this site have been right where you are now. There's not a member on here who doesn't feel your pain! 

Sending hugs your way and high hopes for a happier, clearer you! Best of luck with whatever treatment you decide!! |

xx DeLovely

lydiatank liked
MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 11/21/2016 5:16 pm

Yes, you can live with acne but you don't, and shouldn't, have to. There are many effective treatments out there, so keep your head up and don't let it get you down. Remember, acne is not your fault and it absolutely does not define your worth. Stay positive.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/21/2016 7:22 pm

2 hours ago, Hominid said:

Yes, you can live with acne but you don't, and shouldn't, have to. There are many effective treatments out there, so keep your head up and don't let it get you down. Remember, acne is not your fault and it absolutely does not define your worth. Stay positive.

Again, great reply. Too bad I can only like this once!

lydiatank liked
MemberMember
(@harleyz)

Posted : 11/21/2016 10:19 pm

Do not give up girl. You are so, so beautiful and you definitely deserve to be happy. I'm with DeLovely on this on. I am now on the regimen myself, and my severe acne is slowly improving. I used to have cysts all over my face, and I was too embarrassed to the point where I could not look people in the eye when I talked to them - and it was two months ago. Well I can't say that my face looks great now, because it flakes a lot and I still have active acne and scars, but it is better and I believe that one day I will feel beautiful again.
Give it a shot!

lydiatank liked
MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 11/25/2016 4:41 am

On 11/22/2016 at 3:46 AM, Hominid said:

Love this. Listen to this. You are beautiful and you will find a cure.

lydiatank liked