Notifications
Clear all

acne and chronicle stress

MemberMember
(@harleyz)

Posted : 11/15/2016 8:06 am

I've read so many posts on this forum. So many people said that they could not leave the house, that their boyfriends/girlfriends/husbands/wives had to do this and that for them and they felt pretty bad. Well guess what I'm in college I have to go out everyday for class, work, and I do not have a relationship. I am dealing with this mess alone.
I can't tell you guys how jealous I am every time I see someone with acne is holding hands with someone else. Not in a bad way. I wish them happiness, but I want that for myself, too.
How could I ever expect anyone to like me if I don't even like myself? Especially after I get a new breakout, I just hate my body so much that I wish I could swap it with someone with perfect skin.
I am an over-achiever in college. Friends told me to chill a bit because my resume already looked better than theirs ever would. But what could I do to chill? Absolutely nothing. I cannot chill, because my brain is the only thing that I do not hate about myself. I feel so ugly.
I prefer hanging out with professors more than with my peers because I have a feeling that they must be much more understanding and much less judgmental. I know that caring so much about my acne is detrimental, but I cannot help it. I see people with perfect skin everywhere everyday and that frustrates me so much. I am now on the regimen. It's my 6th week. My face was completely clear in week 4 but now it's a total mess again. I don't know whether or not it will get better. I don't have other solutions. This is the only way. My face hurts every single second for the BP I put on, and the pain reminds me of my ugly face and I have to use so much will power to concentrate on my work. I hate this feeling.

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 11/25/2016 3:21 am

Hey HarleyZ,
A relationship will come for you sometime...it just takes a little longer for some of us....be proud of your intelligence and achievements and you will find someone who respects that and that you click with 🙂
In the meantime keep trying to treat your acne. Stick with the regimen a while but be open to other prescription options beyond that.
Best wishes to you.

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 11/25/2016 4:27 am

Looks like you already are the envy of your friends because of how smart you are. And you will find someone who loves you. In the meantime remember that this community is there to help.I have no idea what else to say but sending love your way.