Notifications
Clear all

I'm scared that I've ruined my life?

MemberMember
(@lindzph)

Posted : 08/25/2016 10:38 am

So basically, I've had pretty severe acne for about 2-3 years & mild acne before that. I'm 18 now. Nobody ever said anything about it, and I wore makeup all the time, and somehow it didn't bother me, probably because nobody ever said anything. But I really, really wish they had because by the time I got on accutane (2 months ago) I already had hundreds of massive disfiguring scars on my forehead. Because of this I quit a job that I loved and barely leave the house. I've been to countless psychologists and even been hospitalized for suicidal thoughts. Every day I feel so depressed that no guy or girl will ever want to be in a relationship with me and that I will never be happy (I cannot be happy being this ugly). any tips on how to cope??

MemberMember
(@angaros)

Posted : 08/25/2016 6:16 pm

You don't HAVE to quit accutane, but you should probably tell your dermatologist about your suicidal thoughts. Do not just stop taking your medicine, or else you may need to just start all over. You've already been on it for a month, you should be completely clear or close to clear within another 3 to 5 months. It will fly by, beleive me. Keep your head up, it will get better if you stay consistent. Just remember what you're working for, and soon you'll look back and be glad you stuck with up. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@lindzph)

Posted : 08/25/2016 6:36 pm

So I guess I should clarify that accutane is not the cause of my depression, it is the only thing giving me any hope. And my main concern is not the acne, it's the permanent deep scars :( 

MemberMember
(@ryry432)

Posted : 08/25/2016 6:58 pm

I'm 15 years old and properly have had really bad acne for 3 years. Like you I'm beginning to feel really depressed and upset about my acne too because I always have something going on on my face whether it's a giant cystic spot on my nose or giant pimples covering my face. Having acne at such a young age really sort of isolated me in high school as I began to notice the states and comments people gave me. I've been taking doxycycline for 4 months and there is little improvement. I do t know whether I should go to my doctor and ask for something new or carry on. Everyone around me make me feel so judged even my family when they assume I don't wash properly or people give me advice on different creams and they assume Im not doing anything but I am. Sorry about my rant I'm a 15 old girl who just wants to not feel not feel so judged or upset and open up to someone about how I feel and people on this website seem to understand more then people arpund me

MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 08/26/2016 1:50 pm

Please don't give up on seeking treatment. I was once in your shoes and was on the brink of suicide. The Regimen has cleared up my acne one hundred percent. I'm still on the Regimen now and I also added some natural remedies as well. Look into African black soap and AHA. They both do wonders for scars and hyperpigmentation. Don't give up the fight!

lindzph liked
MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/29/2016 6:11 pm

It gets easier. Yeah your skin might be a bit different in the end. Not bad. But different. You can fix it too later if you'd like. Try to keep a positive attitude and keep busy so you don't think about it and obsess over it. It is just skin. I promise this way of thinking will go away. Skin does not have anything to do with real relationships.

You are strong and brave for what you have gone through, hold on to that instead of these negative thoughts about your skin.