Notifications
Clear all

Oh no 🙁 Did a dumb thing and now am paying the price. Need help

MemberMember
(@breakfast)

Posted : 06/23/2016 3:56 pm

So I had a small cystic pimple on my chin. And stupidly tried to pop it yesterday. We've all been there before. Now it is this massive swollen purple thing weeping clear fluid and scabbed. I am in tears, its the worst thing I've ever had on my face. I have a date tomorrow that I cant cancel. I have no clue what to do, I feel heartbroken. How long do these take to heal? Is there any way to make it look better by tomorrow? Should I wear a bandaid on my face? Ugh :( Help

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/23/2016 8:17 pm

4 hours ago, breakfast said:

So I had a small cystic pimple on my chin. And stupidly tried to pop it yesterday. We've all been there before. Now it is this massive swollen purple thing weeping clear fluid and scabbed. I am in tears, its the worst thing I've ever had on my face. I have a date tomorrow that I cant cancel. I have no clue what to do, I feel heartbroken. How long do these take to heal? Is there any way to make it look better by tomorrow? Should I wear a bandaid on my face? Ugh :( Help

hey there...yeeees I totally have done that.
I suggest using a cot compress a few tines a day and putting crushed aspirin or turmeric paste on it. Take oral meds like ibuprofen for swelling. I'd say only use a band aid bif you don't get a reaction to the sticky part...don't wanna make things worse!
Hope it goes away asap.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/24/2016 1:49 pm

Don't beat yourself up, we've all done it! Just try and leave it alone. A little cover-up should make it less noticeable. A Band-Aid will really draw attention to it. I'm sure your date will be so busy focusing on you and the evening (and maybe have their own insecurities to worry about!) that they won't even notice the blemish!