Notifications
Clear all

Rough day

MemberMember
(@powerfulfeed)

Posted : 04/07/2016 11:32 pm

First off I'd like to apologize if my english is not the best, it is not my primary lenguage

today was a pretty rough day for me at school, it's been 2 days in a row now that someone stares at me and comments "You have herpes on your face" the worst part is that these are people I considered friends and have never commented anything to me about my acne, sadly the past month I had a breakout of lots of small pimples on one half of my face, I popped most of em and thought that they would leave in a day or two like my other usual small pimples i had popped in the past , but they came back bigger and my skin kept getting worse and worse, it probably has to do with stress because I have been doing pretty horribly at school and I am in danger of not graduating, I can't help but think about my acne all day, I shower with one light on and get out of the shower looking straight to the floor because the mirror has become my enemy this past month, It has also happened to me that when talking to someone they look straight into my pimples, my eyes are up here, I have cried twice about my acne, and I feel ashamed afterwards but also relieved because I was raised with the mentality that a man is supposed to be tough but I just cant help it, my mom always supports me telling me that physical appearance is not everything, but in high school physical appearance is basically the most important thing, I have quite a few good friends that have probably got used to my acne and I can always laugh and have a good time with them, thing is im probably the kid who's face looks the worst in school when it comes to acne, It has led me to hate my face, it is my biggest insecurity (Im taking doxicycline and using benzoyl peroxide cream before going to bed), I know i got a great personality, but my acne just gets my mood so fucked up, to the point were im too self-conscious about it and cant enjoy myself when going out, I just wanted to know if any of you guys have ever felt the same way

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/08/2016 10:07 am

Do not let people who insult you get you down. People who do that are not your friends and you should always surround yourself with people who don't even give your acne a second glance.

Being high school you are still young so as much as you feel acne is ruining your life you will come out of that struggle a better person. Focus on school and friends and making the most of your day to day experience because you wouldn't wanna look back and say you missed out on things because acne help you back from anything.

DeLovely and -John- liked
MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 04/09/2016 3:19 pm

First off, your English is wonderful! Secondly, I know all of us can totally relate to hating the mirror. I have to avoid the mirror in my house and my car when I have the really rough days. I know it feels so painful and depressing, but you are not alone. We feel what you feel on here. Acne feels devastating, but I love that you know you have an awesome personality! That goes a long way. You can get through this and best of luck.