Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Down Tonight

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 02/28/2016 10:40 pm

I started Accutane on Friday. I should feel encouraged, but I'm feeling rather down at the moment. My acne is still coming at full force, especially around my mouth. It's disgusting. When I look at myself in the mirror, I'm appalled. I'm 29 years old and I have horrible acne all over my face and back. I have this habit of touching my face, and whenever I do, there is a new pimple. And it's always one of the big red ones. I'm embarrassed to be in public and around my peers. I know acne isn't a problem of hygiene, but I feel dirty and gross anyway.

And then when I think about that, I go on a downward spiral and think about how I feel about my weight. I work in a call center, which I absolutely hate. I've never hated anything as much as I hate that job. I sit in a gray cubicle all day long, and since getting the job I've put on 17 pounds. Whenever Sunday roles around, I get anxious and sad, remembering that for the next 5 days I have to sit chained to a chair, alone, and bored. I went to college to get a job at a call center. At least it seems that way. I cry almost every morning on my way there, dreading the next 8 hours. I have diagnosed ADHD, and I take medication when I need to, but I still hate my job. My doctor told me I picked the worse possible job, but I don't qualify for much else.

I've also gotten into this bad habit of picking at my acne. I know I shouldn't, but I get so tired of feeling bumps all over my skin, so without even thinking, I periodically pick them off. I wish things would turn around. I wish this Accutane would kick in soon, and I wish I could get out of the call center and get a job that actually has some movement and meaning.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 02/28/2016 11:42 pm

Work sucks, college is a scam, and the job market is shot out. Everything has been outsourced to countries that are manipulating their currency, making it impossible for American companies to compete. Is it possible for you to just quit your job? Do you have any family that could support you while you look for something more suitable?

Im not sure what else to say, other than that I read your post and feel you. Also, please stop picking!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/05/2016 2:16 pm

On 2/29/2016 at 10:40 PM, SendMeAngels said:
I started Accutane on Friday. I should feel encouraged, but I'm feeling rather down at the moment. My acne is still coming at full force, especially around my mouth. It's disgusting. When I look at myself in the mirror, I'm appalled. I'm 29 years old and I have horrible acne all over my face and back. I have this habit of touching my face, and whenever I do, there is a new pimple. And it's always one of the big red ones. I'm embarrassed to be in public and around my peers. I know acne isn't a problem of hygiene, but I feel dirty and gross anyway.

And then when I think about that, I go on a downward spiral and think about how I feel about my weight. I work in a call center, which I absolutely hate. I've never hated anything as much as I hate that job. I sit in a gray cubicle all day long, and since getting the job I've put on 17 pounds. Whenever Sunday roles around, I get anxious and sad, remembering that for the next 5 days I have to sit chained to a chair, alone, and bored. I went to college to get a job at a call center. At least it seems that way. I cry almost every morning on my way there, dreading the next 8 hours. I have diagnosed ADHD, and I take medication when I need to, but I still hate my job. My doctor told me I picked the worse possible job, but I don't qualify for much else.

I've also gotten into this bad habit of picking at my acne. I know I shouldn't, but I get so tired of feeling bumps all over my skin, so without even thinking, I periodically pick them off. I wish things would turn around. I wish this Accutane would kick in soon, and I wish I could get out of the call center and get a job that actually has some movement and meaning.

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. It sucks to spend so much time studying in college and to end up with a less than satisfying job/career. The question for me is, 'are you able to change jobs?' Not being able to interact with co-workers on a meaningful level is going to magnify those feelings. Also, have you thought about seeing a therapist to talk about these feelings. I've been seeing mine since Sept 2015 and we do alot of CBT therapy. She actually gives me strategies to help alter the way i think.

One step at a time and one day at a time.

Hugs from NJ