Notifications
Clear all

I am not as strong as i thought i was

MemberMember
(@jasminevt)

Posted : 01/22/2016 9:52 pm

I feel so stupid for even thinking my skin came back to what it was. I've been dealing with this for 7 years now. I took Accutane when i was 16 and it didn't completely cured my acne but i was quite ok with the state of my skin. However, for the past 6 months it seems to be getting worse. Its an everyday struggle, it feels like everytime i touch my face i feel a new pimple emerging. The thing is that this last month i was actually starting to see some improvement. I even spent the last two weeks at Orlando and went to Disney world, which may sound stupid but it's my favorite place in the world. One day after i get back home i got 3 new pimples and a cluster of little whiteheads at my chin. It's the most frustating thing ever to think that 4 days ago i was at Disney world with my 3 favorite people (mom, dad and 10 year old brother) and now i'm in such a crappy place again, crying and avpiding contact with everyone, this is not who i want to be. It's so depressing.

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 01/22/2016 11:17 pm

I love Disney and everything Disney related. :) Story time: when I was about 19-20, my acne hit an all time low and it was probably the worst emotional state of my life. I can admit that right now. I had also gained weight, I admit, so that time was not good...I'm just trying to say how much I can empathize with you. I've been right there.
Please find people to reach out to and talk about this. Maybe people on this site. Feel free to comment on my log or what have you, because I know what it's like to think I'm just going to be this "grotesque monster" for the rest of my life. I remember I broke down in front of my boyfriend, just weeping, nearly yelling that I was "never going to be normal." Normal is not a very amazing feat, but it can feel devastating to not at least be normal.

Welcome and bless your heart. 

MemberMember
(@jasminevt)

Posted : 01/23/2016 6:52 pm

Vanbelle, thank you so much! I woke up today with 3 new pimples... i don't know whats going on with my body, i hope this is just one episode. Yesterday when i woke up my skin was EXTREMELY oily and i could see i was breaking out and later i noticed i got 2 and a half weeks before it should come (and it almost never happens). I mean, it's not just a coincidence, i know is hormone related but it's still frustating. I don't know anyone who struggles with acne the same way i do. Even though i know people with acne, they usually don't care what other people think. I wish i was like that, and i'm trying to but it's a process, baby steps. I apreciatte your help, this is why i come here, because everyone here seems to understand what i feel, the frustation, the feeling of not being normal, the feeling of always havind to hide. I'm really sorry you wenttrough this too, i wouldn't wish this to anyone. I've been blessed with the most amazing family, i told them yesterday how sad i was about my skin and today they cancelled all their plans and spent the whole day with me watching movies and playing cards, so today was actually not that bad. The first thing i did today was reading your reply and it did made a difference to know that if i'm feeling extremely down i can find support from people that, at some point, have felt this way about their acne too. Thank you so much for the support! (And I'm sorry if i wrote something wrong, i'm brazilian)