Notifications
Clear all

can't help feeling that i'll never be loved

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 12/25/2015 9:42 pm

I'm a girl, 16, on accutane for 3 months. My acne is still there, there's some improvement but I have a feeling that i'll have acne forever still.

I genuinely feel like i'll never have a boyfriend. I think that even though i'm young, my life has already been destroyed by acne. I won't ever have a boyfriend, or get married, or have kids. My face is too ugly for that.

Seeing couples, in real life or on TV makes me feel like dying. I wish I had clear skin so I was a lovable person. I wish boys approached me and wanted to talk to me, I wish someone had a crush on me. But these stupid ugly nodules on my face stop anyone from seeing me as anything more than a freak.

I just want to belong. I want to be normal, I want to be confident and I want my normal life and face back. Somedays I feel like literally ripping my own face off, this is so frustrating and causing me so much pain. I'm starting to become apathetic to death, I don't even care if I die in my sleep tonight.

These thoughts didn't begin because of accutane. I've always felt bad about my appearance, and when my normal acne developed into cystic, I tried to kill myself. Even though I knew i'd be on accutane soon, I saw no hope, and now that hope that I had when I began the treatment is going away again.

I don't know what to do. I want this to be a nightmare, I want to wake up and be happy, I want by normal skin back, I want self-esteem...I just want to enjoy life as a teenage girl, why do I have to look like this? What did I do to deserve this fucking curse?

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 12/25/2015 10:38 pm

somebody help ...

MemberMember
(@morgns)

Posted : 12/26/2015 12:30 am

Don't over complicate things. I am a 18 year old male,honestly I don't even care if a girl has acne or not. A person can still be attractive with acne, if you don't have confidence walking around with acne you still have the option of covering it up with makeup. It's that simple.

Also if you want a boyfriend that bad why don't you ask a guy out instead of waiting. We don't mind if the girl takes action first.

Lastly you should view your acne as a positive thing. For example my acne is positive because I have quit all my unhealthy habits (video games, junk food, too much time on phone etc.)

And replaced them with healthy ones (gym, nutrition, sleeping better etc.)

It's a matter of perspective, good luck with your acne in the future and try to stay positive 🙂

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/26/2015 4:59 am

You didnt do anything to deserve acne, its just the way your genes are. Its not your fault and its ok that you feel the way you do,humans are emotional creatures that need some form of affection to feel happy. Give the meds time, you have a great chance of getting clear with accutane. Just be carefull with it and listen to what your doctor says. its going to be ok, dont go rushing theinevitable alright.Try to focus on other things that make you happy in the mean time, find a hobby or discover a newpassion for something. Anything that you feel will give you some sort of fulfillment in your life whileyou sort out the issues with your acne. Afterwards you can focus more on boys and relationships, in the mean time relax and be a kid... your only 16 afterall.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 12/26/2015 5:31 am

6 hours ago, ihateacne33 said:

I'm a girl, 16, on accutane for 3 months. My acne is still there, there's some improvement but I have a feeling that i'll have acne forever still.

I genuinely feel like i'll never have a boyfriend. I think that even though i'm young, my life has already been destroyed by acne. I won't ever have a boyfriend, or get married, or have kids. My face is too ugly for that.

Seeing couples, in real life or on TV makes me feel like dying. I wish I had clear skin so I was a lovable person. I wish boys approached me and wanted to talk to me, I wish someone had a crush on me. But these stupid ugly nodules on my face stop anyone from seeing me as anything more than a freak. 

I just want to belong. I want to be normal, I want to be confident and I want my normal life and face back. Somedays I feel like literally ripping my own face off, this is so frustrating and causing me so much pain. I'm starting to become apathetic to death, I don't even care if I die in my sleep tonight. 

These thoughts didn't begin because of accutane. I've always felt bad about my appearance, and when my normal acne developed into cystic, I tried to kill myself. Even though I knew i'd be on accutane soon, I saw no hope, and now that hope that I had when I began the treatment is going away again. 

I don't know what to do. I want this to be a nightmare, I want to wake up and be happy, I want by normal skin back, I want self-esteem...I just want to enjoy life as a teenage girl, why do I have to look like this? What did I do to deserve this fucking curse?

I know acne is a terrible, horrible thing to live with. I started getting pimples when i was 14 and still have issues at 30! You are far too young to give up hope. There is still a chance accutane might work for you or some other treatment. I have had thoughts about killing myself as well but the hope that i might cure my skin keeps me going. I have read many stories of people who have successfully cleared their acne so why not me or you? Be strong and dont give up.

Ok as for the relationship issue, people of all different appearances, with various issues, disabilities, deformities etc. still find love. Sure its probably not going to be as easy as it is for girls who have clear skin and look like supermodels. Those girls may get alot of attention from guys but its no guarantee of a loving, meaningful relationship. 

When i was in high school this guy i was friends with asked me to a dance and told me he liked me. I was so surprised because i thought i was ugly and no one could possibly be interested in me! You just dont know whether someone might like you and be too shy to say anything. Maybe try to work on your conversation skills? Lots of guys your age are probably nervous around girls and would be thankful to find someone who was friendly and easy to talk to.

There's probably nothing i can really say to make you feel better :( I think you look very pretty in your photo :) But personality is also important as well. When someone is really friendly and interested in talking to you, you like being with that person and that makes them more attractive. 

Good luck with accutane, really hope it works for you :) 

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 12/26/2015 8:09 am

Please do try to calm down a little... You are 16 and life does get better when you are older! Right now it seems like dating, looking good, having better stuff than someone else etc. are the most important things in the world.... Well, I am turning 30 next month and from all that I have seen/read/heard so far proves otherwise... It is the culture and mainstream media that pushes the idea that everyone has to have model looks or else they won't find a life partner. That is not true because as young women and men age, most of them will realize that all of the things they thought were important in the world during their high school years, are actually not that important to finding and a achieving a happy life.

I took two courses of Accutane (once during junior year in high school) and again during senior year of college. Both times, I had an initial breakout a few weeks after starting the course and my skin didn't really start to get better until the 3rd to 4th month into the course.

I was reserved in high school, had maybe a dozen close friends and did not at all try to find a GF or date anyone since I was convinced that no one would like me because of my skin.... I decided to focus on other things that I enjoyed and which made me happy: learning new skills, computers, reading, fishing, nature, etc. If you choose to go to college, you will have a good support structure too! College was definitely way better than high school for me and I feel that many other adults would say the same. Even though my skin wasn't that bad during my early years in college, I still had much worse skin than the majority of my friends and classmates! However, that did not prevent me joining clubs, doing sports, and making friends. I still didn't date mainly because I was inexperienced and didn't know anything about women still! But I had such a strong support structure and so man things to do that my mind never really dwelled on that.

Please please please try your best not to feel down for too long. Life will get better for you!

Whenever I am feeling down due to my acne/scarring, I look at this graphic and try to reflect on the truth in each of the statements...

Zen

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 12/27/2015 5:23 pm

I want don't want people to give her false hope. Life does not get better when you get older. If life would get better when someone gets older, then I wouldn't have my problems. High school goes on forever. End of discussion.

You can't say that I'm lying, because my problems are real. If you don't believe that my problems are real, then the conversation is over.

My problems started when I was very young and they perpetuate to this day in the form of mental disorders. The psychiatric organization gave me social skills training, because they thought I was autistic or something like that. They found out that my social skills are excellent, so I am not causing my own problems. I don't pose a danger to other people. It is actually the other way around. Other people caused my problems and my problems cannot be solved.

I can't speak for other people, but I don't care about acne on girls. They are all welcome at my place. I have said this a thousand times before on this forum and I will say it again: I have yet to see a picture of an ugly girl here on the forum. You are normal and anyone who says that you are not is actually some kind of psychopath. Don't believe them.