Notifications
Clear all

I need some advice

MemberMember
(@lunalovegood13)

Posted : 11/23/2015 12:15 pm

I don't know what to do with my emotions right now. Everytime I come home from school and look in the mirror all I wanna do is cry. I feel extremely sad and also very ugly. No, my acne is not that bad,but everytime I see a new pimple on my face I just feel so terrible I couldn't even describe here. It hurts when I'm with my friends and they have flawless skinwithout doing anything, while I'm taking birth control and buying expensive stuff to try to have the same skin as them. It's tiring to do many things and not seeing a result. I can't help myself from feeling awful. Sometimes I don't leave home because I feel ashamed, ashamed from my friends and my boyfriend, and also from strangers. Everytime I talk to people I feel like they're staring at my imperfections. I don't know what to do to help me improve my self esteem, because even when I put makeup on to feel a little less hideous I can still see the bumps on my face. Please guys, what do you do to feel okay with yourselves?

54321 liked
MemberMember
(@eastjune)

Posted : 11/24/2015 2:18 am

I have written a post describing my exact experiences with acne, in terms ofemotional feelings. If you could take some time to read it, I do hope it will bring about some empathy in you to know that - like you, I too am on the same boat; and will be glad to provide you the support, experiences, and answers to general medical concerns that you may require.

Here is the post:

- June

MemberMember
(@lunalovegood13)

Posted : 11/26/2015 1:03 pm

On 23/11/2015 1527, Humanhelperist said:

Not sure if any of this would help:

Semi-Rhetorical Questions:

Is acne really an imperfection ?

Is lack of acne perfection ?

Who decides what about a human is perfect or not perfect ?

If someone judges you because of acne, that's says more about them than it does about you.

Beauty is subjective.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Some humans walking around, don't care if their partner has acne.

Hope any of that helps.

Thanks a lot, I'll try to think about it whenever I feel bad.

On 24/11/2015 0559, EastJune said:

I have written a post describing my exact experiences with acne, in terms ofemotional feelings. If you could take some time to read it, I do hope it will bring about some empathy in you to know that - like you, I too am on the same boat; and will be glad to provide you the support, experiences, and answers to general medical concerns that you may require.

Here is the post:

- June

Thanks for sharing this. It's great when you see someone going through the same things as you and you can try to help them. I know how hard it is, but if you ever want to share how you're feelingyou can contact me 🙂

EastJune and 54321 liked