Notifications
Clear all

How Can I Gain Confidence? How Can I Be Me Again?

MemberMember
(@seekintoberealagain)

Posted : 09/12/2015 11:15 am

I have been very unfortunate use to have clear skin but that was all the taken away because of a cruel dermatology who prescribed me the wrong dosage of acctuane which lead to me having an allergy as well as a huge acne break out on my face which is slowly starting to die down now though I've been left with scars that would haunt most people. It's so bad that i haven't actually looked in a mirror in over 5 years the best i go to is standing 15 feet away from a mirror in dark lighting.

The funny thing is i've never had acne anywhere else on my body just my face. The worse is having to see the way people look at me now compared to how girls and such use to look at me before. I hate the fact i'm treated like a freak, i never asked for this nor did I deserve this. The crazy thing is i eat so healthy as well all my food is fruit veg and only white meat i take certain amounts of antioxidants a day i make sure to take fish oil vitamin C and D along with A. I make sure to work out I study and research about this plague on my face i do the lot and it just really pisses me off seeing those clear skinned ignorant people eating pizza and other crap that should give them major acne and all that hell i've seen people wash there face with dish soap and they have clear skin the world is so unjust.

I really dislike how when i wake up in the morning i have to tell myself to be strong and to just take the words and brush them off but it's so hard when you yourself believe you yourself is ugly. When someone voices it or stares at me i shutter and feel cornered not knowing what to say back because i believe it myself i so desperately long to have my clear face back if i had that i'd be fearful of nothing the only thing that holds me back in this world is acne and scars.

I know i'm ranting a lot and much of it probably won't make much sense but what i'm asking for is advice and how people who are in a simlair situation deal with it and what you tell yourself each day and how you get by. What is it that allows you to carry on with your day and not break down and think death would be easier?

P.s I can't handle being around children either they always stare and some dare to comment doesn't help with my current part time job i'm as i have to serve them. I want to quit but i don't have the option sadly at the moment as i need the money and can't quit since it takes to long to find work to suit the times of my education timetable.

I just to know as well is this suffering really worth it? Am i going to pull through and say yes all that suffering i went through and i got this far it was hard but i accomplished my goals or will it just be a sweet dream that will never come true with people still judging me 😕 i'm jsut really depressed and confident. For those that stayed and read everything i put thank you. Honestly thank you i don't have anyone at the moment that will hear me out so im truly happy that you have thanks.

254fgjjk liked
MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/12/2015 7:47 pm

I have been very unfortunate use to have clear skin but that was all the taken away because of a cruel dermatology who prescribed me the wrong dosage of acctuane which lead to me having an allergy as well as a huge acne break out on my face which is slowly starting to die down now though I've been left with scars that would haunt most people. It's so bad that i haven't actually looked in a mirror in over 5 years the best i go to is standing 15 feet away from a mirror in dark lighting.

The funny thing is i've never had acne anywhere else on my body just my face. The worse is having to see the way people look at me now compared to how girls and such use to look at me before. I hate the fact i'm treated like a freak, i never asked for this nor did I deserve this. The crazy thing is i eat so healthy as well all my food is fruit veg and only white meat i take certain amounts of antioxidants a day i make sure to take fish oil vitamin C and D along with A. I make sure to work out I study and research about this plague on my face i do the lot and it just really pisses me off seeing those clear skinned ignorant people eating pizza and other crap that should give them major acne and all that hell i've seen people wash there face with dish soap and they have clear skin the world is so unjust.

I really dislike how when i wake up in the morning i have to tell myself to be strong and to just take the words and brush them off but it's so hard when you yourself believe you yourself is ugly. When someone voices it or stares at me i shutter and feel cornered not knowing what to say back because i believe it myself i so desperately long to have my clear face back if i had that i'd be fearful of nothing the only thing that holds me back in this world is acne and scars.

I know i'm ranting a lot and much of it probably won't make much sense but what i'm asking for is advice and how people who are in a simlair situation deal with it and what you tell yourself each day and how you get by. What is it that allows you to carry on with your day and not break down and think death would be easier?

P.s I can't handle being around children either they always stare and some dare to comment doesn't help with my current part time job i'm as i have to serve them. I want to quit but i don't have the option sadly at the moment as i need the money and can't quit since it takes to long to find work to suit the times of my education timetable.

I just to know as well is this suffering really worth it? Am i going to pull through and say yes all that suffering i went through and i got this far it was hard but i accomplished my goals or will it just be a sweet dream that will never come true with people still judging me 😕 i'm jsut really depressed and confident. For those that stayed and read everything i put thank you. Honestly thank you i don't have anyone at the moment that will hear me out so im truly happy that you have thanks.

People, who think that you are a freak, are actually bullying you. They don't like you and they don't have a good reason for that. Can you talk about it with a confidential person?

MemberMember
(@seekintoberealagain)

Posted : 09/12/2015 9:06 pm

People, who think that you are a freak, are actually bullying you. They don't like you and they don't have a good reason for that. Can you talk about it with a confidential person?

Hey mate thanks for replying. In all honesty i do not have someone to talk to in confidence and if i did i think i'd feel ashamed for being so vain in a sense for caring so much about my appearance i do at the moment. It sucks but the honest truth is that i can't handle having acne etc. I realise these people are bullying me and as for a reason i guess it's because they can since they don't have to experience what i have to. Some people taunt others for the pure joy of seeing others suffer it's a sad world but it's reality at the moment.

MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 09/13/2015 12:39 pm

Have you tried The Regimen on this site?

It worked for me earlier this year, but I stopped using it and looked for alternatives. Then my skin broke out once school came around (my acne seems to be stress related). Now I'm back on it and after a month all the acne are going away. It clears me after 2-3 months.

Oh, and I never worry about 'breakout foods', since as long as I keep putting benzoyl peroxide on my face the acne stays away.

I didn't see a mention of you putting any sort of treatment on your face for acne. If you aren't doing that, why not?

MemberMember
(@seekintoberealagain)

Posted : 09/13/2015 2:18 pm

Have you tried The Regimen on this site?

It worked for me earlier this year, but I stopped using it and looked for alternatives. Then my skin broke out once school came around (my acne seems to be stress related). Now I'm back on it and after a month all the acne are going away. It clears me after 2-3 months.

Oh, and I never worry about 'breakout foods', since as long as I keep putting benzoyl peroxide on my face the acne stays away.

I didn't see a mention of you putting any sort of treatment on your face for acne. If you aren't doing that, why not?

I currently on 300mg of Trimethoprim and i put differin (as known as adapline on my face at night) i'm starting to try Duac it's meant to clear moderate to severe acne and is suppose to be wore during the day. My acne isn't nearly as bad as it once was I just have two big spots on my face and some other ones it's the scaring that's really getting to me now and at the same time i seem to be breaking out. Think it's stress related and because the dermatology told me to go off my acne meds for a week and see how it went and boom i had a flare up :L

It's mostly a confidence issue on my side since i don't know how to cope with having acne and scaring as it doesn't feel like my face and i keep wishing back to the day's before I had it :L any tips on how to deal with that?

and no i haven't looked much into the acne treatment on this site but ill read into it.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/15/2015 7:36 pm

Hey mate thanks for replying. In all honesty i do not have someone to talk to in confidence and if i did i think i'd feel ashamed for being so vain in a sense for caring so much about my appearance i do at the moment. It sucks but the honest truth is that i can't handle having acne etc. I realise these people are bullying me and as for a reason i guess it's because they can since they don't have to experience what i have to. Some people taunt others for the pure joy of seeing others suffer it's a sad world but it's reality at the moment.

They can, but that doesn't mean that they are allowed to.