Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Wants To Share The Pain And Frustration Of Having Acne

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 09/02/2015 7:05 am

Hi, I have been an acne sufferer for 24 years now. Last 2 years have been good as I finally ignored all dermatologists as they just pissed me off and took the health of my skin into my hands. Note that I tried doctors in 2 continents. After 22 years I finally saw results when I took matters into my hands.

I was just wondering if anyone wants to talk about their experiences. Just wanted to offer a sympathetic ear as I have gone through the trials and pain of acne.

MemberMember
(@athe)

Posted : 09/02/2015 11:42 am

I had acne since I was 11/12, and I am 27 now. Acne started mild but quickly morphed into cystic, painful, nightmarish thing I could not wake up from. I struggled, struggled, missed social situations, became isolated, and generally mean-spirited. It took a lot to come back from there. A lot. I took antibiotics for a few months which only caused me more skin problems once I stopped. And then I tried the regimen after graduating college. For two or so years I felt normal. I could enjoy social activities, look people in the face, and make friends. I became a social butterfly, and I was finally free from acne. Or so I thought. My skin was still extremely oily, the regimen burned, and...I tried taking things into my own hands with research, study, and experimentation. It has been a long road of pain, misery, isolation, and hope. I am seeing results, but there is more work to be done.

Some days I wondered if acne is just some cosmic test to see if you can make it. That is, a challenge to find the underlying cause and cure it, with some kind of vague personal reward for all that effort and suffering. I kind of feel that if I think of it that way now, at least I can justify this strange journey. Maybe there's a purpose to it all?

Jazzguy liked
MemberMember
(@marshavanessa)

Posted : 12/12/2015 10:05 am

I'm so sad and frustrated about how my skin is looking right now. I'm now on accutane and having an initial breakout. It's bad and it really does take a toll on me. I isolate myself, I even wore a nose mask to cover up my cheeks which has the most acne, it's so sad. I know there's a lot of people suffering from acne but it seems like in my community I'm the only one who has it. Every time I talk to someone, I'm so afraid they're going to notice my acne. And someone looks at me, I'm praying they're not examining my face. I know this will end but this hurts me. I feel so mad whenever someone ask me why I have a lot of acne because I DON'T FUCKING KNOW. It's like having an acne is my fault. I think the worst part of having an acne is dealing with those ignorants who never think before they talk. I just feel like I want rip their mouth and shut them up forever. Acne sucks and so does those ignorants.

bumpee liked