Notifications
Clear all

So Tired Of It..

MemberMember
(@kanadian)

Posted : 06/16/2015 10:25 am

Sorry guys, but I need to rant a little bit and some how get my frustrations out of my system.

I am so, sick and tired of my relentless and reoccurring acne. Every time things seem to get a little bit better, and I get my much needed confidence, I get kick backed down. And this has been happening for god damn years. I'm 22 years old now, and feel I have missed out on so many things due to it. It's not fair that I have to constantly be worrying about a new pimple forming from morning to night every, single, day. I'm sure many of you can agree. I take extra caution with some many different things that may be triggers, but it still isn't enough. There is always some kind of domino effect that will make my skin worse and worse. I'm feeling good one day, skin fairly clear, and I act more like myself. The next day I notice a cyst forming, get frustrated, depressed, and cause an even worse breakout to form. I can't say I have it worse than everyone on here, but it definitely isn't the lightest acne either. I'm just so emotionally and physically drained. Tired of making up excuses to not go out with my friends, just so that I can let my face heal. And then there's the scarring that acts as a reminder of all the shit I've had to put up with, almost like a final kick to the face. Sorry for cursing, but its complete bullshit. Why me? When will it end, if ever?

I really need some advice on what to do to remain calm, and not to stress out so easily over everything, because I know it only makes things worse. I honestly feel like just taking time off of work to try and let my face heal, and become stress free. How do you guys emotionally deal with this curse? I'm sick of not being able to enjoy myself and my life to the extent that I know I could be.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 06/16/2015 6:48 pm

Sorry guys, but I need to rant a little bit and some how get my frustrations out of my system.

I am so, sick and tired of my relentless and reoccurring acne. Every time things seem to get a little bit better, and I get my much needed confidence, I get kick backed down. And this has been happening for god damn years. I'm 22 years old now, and feel I have missed out on so many things due to it. It's not fair that I have to constantly be worrying about a new pimple forming from morning to night every, single, day. I'm sure many of you can agree. I take extra caution with some many different things that may be triggers, but it still isn't enough. There is always some kind of domino effect that will make my skin worse and worse. I'm feeling good one day, skin fairly clear, and I act more like myself. The next day I notice a cyst forming, get frustrated, depressed, and cause an even worse breakout to form. I can't say I have it worse than everyone on here, but it definitely isn't the lightest acne either. I'm just so emotionally and physically drained. Tired of making up excuses to not go out with my friends, just so that I can let my face heal. And then there's the scarring that acts as a reminder of all the shit I've had to put up with, almost like a final kick to the face. Sorry for cursing, but its complete bullshit. Why me? When will it end, if ever?

I really need some advice on what to do to remain calm, and not to stress out so easily over everything, because I know it only makes things worse. I honestly feel like just taking time off of work to try and let my face heal, and become stress free. How do you guys emotionally deal with this curse? I'm sick of not being able to enjoy myself and my life to the extent that I know I could be.

At your age which was like not that long ago I was recovering from the same feelings. Its haunting to look back and see that now. We all have been there. We all search for answers and solutions not only for our affliction, but for the emotional, mental side of things. I will be honest by saying: i do not know. I do not know what to tell you or how it happened. But at a certain point I just didn't care as much anymore. At some point the energy of fixing myself was exhausted. The energy required to care about me let alone people around me was not there anymore. Gone. Gone like the wind. As I said I do not know how it happened.And that is my answer as to how one copes. You become callus, and emotionally withdrawn. Your energy is found better spent elsewhere or you just don't have the engery to spent on caring about another breakout and how you will look and when will it end. You just focus on managing it and moving forward. That's how i remain calm.

I've done things I'm not proud of. I've done things and gotten away with a lot. Probably more than I can remember. Is it punishment now for me now for all this? No its not. I do not believe in that. Neither should you.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/16/2015 7:33 pm

I agree with the above poster in regards to diverting your attention else where. I used to get up every morning and stare in the mirror to see how bad my acne was today. It was draining, emotionally demoralizing and fed into my self hatred more. I recommend you start by stepping away from your mirror. Look briefly and leave it alone. I also make plans without regards to my acne so even if I am all broken out, I still go. No one comments and 9/10 times I enjoy myself immensely. In order to reduce stress. You have to actively do things such as exercise, breathing exercises, yoga, take supplements/teas/healthy foods, journal.....whatever works for you. It's a work in progress for me and I am failing miserably at times but I am more aware when I am tense and try to incorporate some of the above.

Lastly, do something for someone else. I joined big brother big sister and it is so fulfilling. My little sister is 12 and has moderate acne and being around her and seeing how carefree she is let's me feel as if life with acne is not the worse thing that could happen to us. I am starting to accept that this may be permanent for me and though it sucks, keeping it in perspective gives me perspective.

Hope it helps.