Notifications
Clear all

I Need Help! Psychotropic Medication Acne Worse?!

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 06/06/2015 1:26 pm

Guys I need help!

My doctor give me Rispersdal, a psychotropic medication. He wants me to take those cuz I no longer leave my house (2 months) and I cry everyday like crazy because of my acne.

But since I started using it the next 24h I started to have cysts on my jawline and now I have like 8 of those!!! :((( I feel so ugly right now. I usually dont have red cystic acne so this breakout is really making me super emotionally bad.

Now what I want to know is it possible that is the risperdal making my acne worse. Do some of you have the same experience with anti paychotropics medics??

MemberMember
(@ludo)

Posted : 06/06/2015 2:26 pm

I've never taken Risperidone, but I haven't had acne problems with other psychotropic medication. You should probably talk to your doctor about it if its negatively impacting you, perhaps he can switch you other to a different medication that wont break you out.

Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 06/06/2015 5:03 pm

I've never taken Risperidone, but I haven't had acne problems with other psychotropic medication. You should probably talk to your doctor about it if its negatively impacting you, perhaps he can switch you other to a different medication that wont break you out.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the quick answer Ludo!

I see the problem is I tried an other psychotropic medication (seroquel) and it also break me out. It seems that my acne gets worse with psychotropic medic.

MemberMember
(@ludo)

Posted : 06/07/2015 1:41 pm

Best of luck!

I see the problem is I tried an other psychotropic medication (seroquel) and it also break me out. It seems that my acne gets worse with psychotropic medic.

Do you think it's possible that when taking any new medication you are breaking out from the stress over it rather than the actual medication?

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 06/07/2015 4:49 pm

Best of luck!

Do you think it's possible that when taking any new medication you are breaking out from the stress over it rather than the actual medication?

I am not sure but since I'm a stressed person, the medication calmed me down so I dont think it has a link.

MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 06/08/2015 8:05 pm

I am going to say that I absolutely relate to your situation and I do not know whether my meds have caused my face to break out. What I can say for certain is that it's WORTH IT. I really had to prioritize what was most important in my life. Health came first and my face came second. It's so difficult, but I have to remind myself that I would so much rather stay stable with bad skin than unstable with clear skin :)

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 06/10/2015 8:38 pm

Many psychotropic medications make acne worse. Zyprexia being one of the worst. Has to do with their influence on insulin levels and insulin sensitivity. Many people experience an increase in appetite therefore weight gain. We've seen the articles that link glycemic indexes, insulin spikes, and overall effects of varying hormonal levels influence acne production.