Notifications
Clear all

Please Make Me Feel Better By Reading My Story !

MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 07/24/2014 9:43 pm

It's not that we hate being acne sufferer because we are obsessed with our looks it's just the fact that everyone around us is normal and we have to deal with such damned condition, Knowing that it will cause you an everlasting pain is unbearable and that's the case with hormonal acne.

I was a good person before acne and throughout my life even when i was a kid it felt so good to treat people well and help them without them even asking i was always careful about what words comes out of my mouth but after suffering for 8 years I'm now a very cold person. "Can't stand anymore when people comment on my face" :(

I don't feel a thing and i don't sympathize with other people except for those with similar conditions which affects the face because you can hide almost every single flaw in your body except for your face "Of course it could be done professionally with foundation and color corrections but for me it's the saddst thing in the world to cover up your face" like if i met a girl and we fall in love i gotta tell her about my condition even if she admits that she still loves me it will hurt me more.

People say "When you see other people with other severe conditions or life crises you say to yourself wow I'm lucky for being that way" but i know for a proven fact that acne made my life a living hell it crushed and wrecked me. Made me lose my friends and fail in my college, Made me not enjoy a single thing in life i hate sleeping for the past 8 years because i suffer from horrible nightmares and causes me pain every single minute or whenever i see anyone with clear skin and everyone around me is sad because they can see how everyday I'm getting worse mentally "I think I'm turning into something unhuman from the inside"

I say to myself "Maybe i wlll wake up someday and god will send an angel that heals my face lol Crazy i know that's how acne affected my brain. Actually that's the hope I'm living for especially after spending thousands and seeing how greedy most dermatologist are. And It's actually laughable that after trying all treatments my face got worse Do i give up and just learn to live with how people stare at my acne and scars? But I'm 23 years old so how many more years Am i gonna be able to take it !!!?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/27/2014 9:38 am

well i read it..

MemberMember
(@mylifeispain)

Posted : 07/27/2014 10:01 am

Well I can relate to what you're saying. Worst thing about acne is that it is on the most visible part of everyone's body. If it was somewhere else our lives would be so much better. I hate that I have to wake up earlier in the morning to care about my face, also in the evening. Throughout the day I have to choose wisely what I can eat and what I can't and despite that it doesn't really affect my acne. The others can eat whatever they want and they even ask you why don't you eat this, go there and do that ... well if I didn't have acne I would do those things ...

MemberMember
(@icuredacne)

Posted : 07/27/2014 10:20 am

I read it too... I struggled with acne for almost 3 years and I know that feeling, it made a lot of limits in my life but I finally got rid of it. Choose wisely what you eat, start experimenting, be patient and you will see someday you will wake up with much much cleaner face. Good luck : )

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 07/28/2014 4:32 am

So what i read is that you are depressed and have changed because of how you look but more importantly how you are received in society and the lack of approval you have gotten.

Dermatologist will do what they can in their field. That is give you something they think will help, or suggest treatments to help i.e scar treatments. However, because they don't work is not on them. yeah, they makes lots of money, but there is no wonder drug for everyone. The drugs or treatments are ludicrously expensive, but that's the world we live in. But whose to blame? The doc who spent 200k for medschool and years of his/her life for residency to serve you that now charges $200 per office visit? Or the pharmaceutical companies who make drugs and new treatments? Or the insurance company who charges a retarded premium and covers nothing on this claim.

So don't blame them. But do blame you if you want to sit and still do nothing. Yes, defeat sucks, but quitting will not make it better. Regardless of how you are doing now and how low you feel, simply being mad at the world, and cold to others will not make your situation better.. especially at 23yr old.

Life is what you make it even with acne.

MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 07/29/2014 2:49 am

well i read it..

Thanks i appreciate it

Well I can relate to what you're saying. Worst thing about acne is that it is on the most visible part of everyone's body. If it was somewhere else our lives would be so much better. I hate that I have to wake up earlier in the morning to care about my face, also in the evening. Throughout the day I have to choose wisely what I can eat and what I can't and despite that it doesn't really affect my acne. The others can eat whatever they want and they even ask you why don't you eat this, go there and do that ... well if I didn't have acne I would do those things ...

What irritates me more is also thinking how much different my life would be without acne, Now I'm trying to get out of the silo fate put me in but it's a struggle and i didn't give up yet.

I read it too... I struggled with acne for almost 3 years and I know that feeling, it made a lot of limits in my life but I finally got rid of it. Choose wisely what you eat, start experimenting, be patient and you will see someday you will wake up with much much cleaner face. Good luck : )

I'm glad your struggle is over, hope the same happens to me but 8 years was just too much for me.

So what i read is that you are depressed and have changed because of how you look but more importantly how you are received in society and the lack of approval you have gotten.

Dermatologist will do what they can in their field. That is give you something they think will help, or suggest treatments to help i.e scar treatments. However, because they don't work is not on them. yeah, they makes lots of money, but there is no wonder drug for everyone. The drugs or treatments are ludicrously expensive, but that's the world we live in. But whose to blame? The doc who spent 200k for medschool and years of his/her life for residency to serve you that now charges $200 per office visit? Or the pharmaceutical companies who make drugs and new treatments? Or the insurance company who charges a retarded premium and covers nothing on this claim.

So don't blame them. But do blame you if you want to sit and still do nothing. Yes, defeat sucks, but quitting will not make it better. Regardless of how you are doing now and how low you feel, simply being mad at the world, and cold to others will not make your situation better.. especially at 23yr old.

Life is what you make it even with acne.

First of all thanks for spending the time reading my rant and explaining what do you think about my condition, Secondly i don't blame dermatologist because their treatments didn't work but because they weren't honest with me and they actually made my face look worse.

For example and that's just one example of so many of them, I did an erbium yag laser session in one of the most famous cosmetic centers in my conutry and after having the session the doctor actually didn't tell me not to be exposed directly to the sun without a sun block and i stressed on this point and asked him again before leaving "So doctor i go out and live normally as if i did nothing" He answered "yes" and he wasn't even looking at me. So i went out and prcaticed my life normally but people around me were the ones who made me pay attention to how my scars got so much worse.

These are the treatments i tried :

Intense pulse light

radiofrequency

erbium yag laser

chemical peeling

friud acids peeling

Co2 fractional laser

Smartxide co2 laser "Combines radiofrequency with co2 laser"

About a hundred cream and gel to the point where i lost track of the exact number.

I was on accutane "It's called net look in my country" for about 45 days but i stopped it because it made my liver enzymes get so high and my body couldn't take it and caused me other disastrous side effects that won't go away even after stopping the drug thus active acne got worse and the scars also got worse. So the depression I'm dealing with i believe i have nothing to do with it but the events i went through made me that way. I'm trying right now to accept it and just live but i know it's not gonna work because I'm a very sensitive person and i was born that way i can't change it i still remember every comment and stare people gave me for the past 8 years.

I know that i'll spend the rest of my life in torment because i tried every possible treatment and nothing worked as if i'm cursed or something and the only thing i didn't try is asking for a miracle and that's what i'm doing right now.

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 07/29/2014 8:14 am

I can relate except for the 8 years part....I think u also suffer from a form of body dysmorphia as well...though acne emotionally is very crippling. I am going thru the emotions of it as well..depression anxiety...not going out.....I too blamed dermatologists for making things worse...but u have to have some kind of hope. I am not angry at others...I do feel sad when I see people with clear skin...but if anything I also realize some people are kind and see u for u

MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 07/29/2014 3:28 pm

I can relate except for the 8 years part....I think u also suffer from a form of body dysmorphia as well...though acne emotionally is very crippling. I am going thru the emotions of it as well..depression anxiety...not going out.....I too blamed dermatologists for making things worse...but u have to have some kind of hope. I am not angry at others...I do feel sad when I see people with clear skin...but if anything I also realize some people are kind and see u for u

Thanks for the support :) But i don't have dysmorphia. Depression just made me not care about taking care of my hair, going to the gem or eating healthy and other skin diseases that's related to my psychological state it goes away and comes back when the depression hits me hard.

so I'm basically a walking corpse right now. The more i accept my fate the more i stop blaming others even when i know for sure that they made my conditon worse and the only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I'm religious so believing in the afterlife makes me optimistic that after all somehow the universe will make it up to me because i wasn't in anyway lucky in my life. I know there are people who are suffering more than me right now but i also know that my life is also completely ruined and destroyed so that's how it is and I'm trying to acknowledge it.

MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 08/01/2014 9:07 am

Well, I dunno about the leaky gut and have never heard of it before but i know that my body is acting strangely ever since i hit puberty. I breath hardly and get tired so quick and sometimes i feel that my chest is gonna explode out of the nowhere and other weird symptoms alongside my skin conditions.

And because life wanted to be so damn cruel with me i also suffer from "Obsessive-compulsive disorder". I dunno where to start because whenever i try to find a cure to my many many problems things get so much worse.

At least as far as acne is concerned i tried everything but i got tired of searching for answers and ways that might or might not work. I just want an answer could i be suffering for a reason !!!?

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/02/2014 9:45 pm

Khalid91 I understand you and understand your ocd I too am going trough it.

Try to relax and destress yourself as it seems that right now you are stressing

*Try to avoid dairy and sugar

*Do the oil cleansing method

*Add a morning topical Im doing clindamicin

SPF 30 sun protection non comedogenic over the clindamicin

*Then you can add a moisturizer non comedogenic like cetaphil or cerave

*exfoliate once a week with salicidic acid the leave on one or glycolic acid

Add a scrub if your acne is not severe like apricot scrub if acne is severe dont get it! Good luck! Wish me luck to recover my acne its getting better already:)

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 11/02/2014 3:28 pm

the same story here , i know what you fell exactly , i'm from Alexandria, egypt , so the shame here is dermatologists not have the experience to treat scars , and skin care products are very highly priced ,but bro still fight and never give up your hope !!!