Notifications
Clear all

Seeing Pictures Of When My Skin Was Clear...

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 05/28/2014 7:36 am

You know what really sucks...finding pictures of yourself from when you had perfect skin.

I found one today. Its 5 years old, I was 17.

Its a school picture, the classic bright photography lighting and my skin looks perfect! Like a baby! I can't even see any pores!

I remember not being concerned about my skin back then but I didn't think my skin was perfect.

I didn't even wear make-up.

I started wearing a bit of make-up once I left school. I was diagnosed with a medical condition.

I started breaking out a year ago and its all been down hill from there.

My skin seems to be clearing lately but my cheeks are covered in red PIH marks and some dented scarring.

5 years ago, perfect skin that didn't need a single speck of makeup. Now I have to spend 40 minutes applying make-up to even feel fit to leave my house. My skin is red and appalling.

I don't know why it all went wrong and its so unfair.

I think my medical condition has something to do with it as my hair has taken a knock too.

It effects me so badly. I have always been a bit shy but I have become so closed off and withdrawn. Sometimes I wonder where i'd be if my skin was still as it was 5 years ago. I have turned down countless opportunities because of confidence.

I feel like I will never be the person I could have been because of this...and that makes me want to burst into tears.

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 05/28/2014 1:50 pm

Hey!

You are not alone, my skin was perfect 3 years ago and now my cheeks are sooo red because of my scars ! This makes me feel so bad when I look at my face though it's going a little better nowadays but it's still... horrible for me. So hard to hang out, take pictures and just feel normal, like I was before. A normal teen with a normal skin. I can't even cover these scars. But I continue to hope that one day they will disappear... If you want to talk, i'm here!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/31/2014 12:21 pm

RoseoraLilly, you may never be that person again but instead, you'll be a stronger person who is:

more compassionate to the needs of others

more sympathetic

more caring

more humble

more real

I know that in the midst of acne this doesn't mean much but trust me, when (and you will) you overcome this, you'll be such a better person because of it. As the above poster stated, we're here for you. Feel free to PM.