Notifications
Clear all

How Should I Answer?

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 04/24/2014 8:53 am

How to answer some people both boys and girls when they ask me a question why your face is full of acne and acne scars? When I answer I don't know, they'll stare suspiciously as if I was lying. Then they'll ask again how I treat my face. If my answer, I am using clinic products, they'll blame on me that this may be too harsh and recommend to use water only. If my answer, I am using water only, they'll blame on me I don't have a good job and explaining to me that water does nothing to clean dirt and oil that can cause acne. If my answer, I am on medication by a dermatologist, they'll blame on me that medication uses chemical materials that is not good and many side effects for skin and will make the skin worse then they'll advice me to do natural methods using plants. If my answer, I use a natural plants method they'll tell me why don't you meet a dermatologist, are they exist for skin treatment?

Today, one boy and two girls were asking me why I had so many acne and acne scars. All my answer is I do not know, then I ask back, did't you ever got acne on your face at all? Why did you get it? They answered I may get one or two when I'm stress and menstruation, but you have too many. I think anyone ask me just to make sure that I'm the one to blame of this ****** face I have.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 04/24/2014 9:31 am

Is there one right answer? Not really. I would sympathize and say "you know, i just don't know why even after trying different things, methods, medications and nothing has worked.I'm doing all i can and yet it looks like i've done nothing.

Most of all its not your fault. Don't blame it on what you are or aren't doing. Obviously, you are trying and that is commendable and what matters.

There is no perfect answer

MemberMember
(@h-e-pennypacker-2)

Posted : 05/02/2014 11:11 pm

I remember being asked if I even washed my skin when I was younger. I thought it was very rude for people to just come out and question your treatment of something that can be embarrassing. One particular person was upset MY skin was poor. I still find it odd. The person who thought they new what was best had great skin and had not experienced what I had been through treatment wise. So it was basically someone playing with Lego's telling an architect how to build a skyscraper.

It's tough dealing with people who think they know skin better than you. What worked for them may not work for you. Try to be above the BS of others ignorance and continue patiently searching for your own solution to your skin. It's not your fault your skin is poor.

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 05/13/2014 9:01 am

Yeah.. I agree with post above. They might be wrong to ask such question for me. But some people gave the solution seriously. When I tend to ignore, they would just tell me I am an odd person that cannot treat my face well. Few years ago, when I was in high school a preacher told me to cover my face with ashes and a teacher told me to put baby powder. That was when I knew so little info about acne. But literally now my face is littered by acne scars! I also blame it to my genetics moreover my father who pretended as like dermatologist never let me got medication. When my mom got to dermatologist and my skin was better, I was asked to discontinue. I know how much cost it but my father could afford it if he wanted. Now, everything for me is source of hateness. I just hate how I look..