Notifications
Clear all

How To Cope With Being An Ugly Guy

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 04/17/2014 9:39 pm

(Mods please delete the lounge section thread)

I've calculated that it will take me approximately $50,000 of surgery to become a 6/10 facially.

As a 21 year old guy who's never been in a relationship though, I feel like panic mode is starting to set in.

Please lets not talk about how "being confident" or "dressing sharp" gets girls. Science has shown most attraction is facial.

I just want to stay sane while I spend the next few years working overtime so I can get ahead of the game career wise and fund my brow reduction, hair transplant, nosejob, and laser surgeries.

Any meditational techniques you guys use to focus on work? Does running actually increase your energy levels for getting more work done? (Ive never gone on a run more than once every two weeks)

It just sucks I wont get to enjoy my prime years. Also I consider suicide discussion to be pointless considering as an ugly guy, Im already dead to society anyways.

MemberMember
(@acneproblem11)

Posted : 04/17/2014 11:51 pm

(Mods please delete the lounge section thread)

I've calculated that it will take me approximately $50,000 of surgery to become a 6/10 facially.

As a 21 year old guy who's never been in a relationship though, I feel like panic mode is starting to set in.

Please lets not talk about how "being confident" or "dressing sharp" gets girls. Science has shown most attraction is facial.

I just want to stay sane while I spend the next few years working overtime so I can get ahead of the game career wise and fund my brow reduction, hair transplant, nosejob, and laser surgeries.

Any meditational techniques you guys use to focus on work? Does running actually increase your energy levels for getting more work done? (Ive never gone on a run more than once every two weeks)

It just sucks I wont get to enjoy my prime years. Also I consider suicide discussion to be pointless considering as an ugly guy, Im already dead to society anyways.

Honestly I know were you're coming from, except I'm broke and still in high school.. I have a horrible face full of hyperpigmentation, acne, and acne scarring. I'm ugly bro. Just be confident with who you are, and how you present yourself makes a bigger impact than your actual physical presence after a while. I've been in only 2 relationships, and I'm 17... I'm not quite thrilled to admit that both weren't anything "long term". I still communicate and hang out with girls just as would any other guy, but relationships have been one of the things that always bite me in the ass, don't beat yourself up because you aren't in one.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/18/2014 1:17 am

I'm 14 and quite ugly. Probably the ugliest in my school. If you can imagine, I'm going through puberty and it's really hard.

You're 21. I don't think that you need to do anything. When you find someone, they wouldn't care how you look like; they care about you.

Just think about that.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 04/18/2014 1:31 am

whoa whoa whoa you need to calm your man titties dude. are you for real? you are being such a negative nancy! cheer up :)

first off, how did you calculate this rating? rating faces and whatnot is all in a person's opinion. we all think we're ugly dont we haha.

you yourself may not think youre attractive, but theres going to be someone out there who will be attracted to that face of yours. for the point you made about science, physical appearances may have a big influence on first impressions, but theres so much more to a person than that. people can become more attractive in your eyes the more you get to know them and their personality.

stop acting like everything is final! there will always be a chance to turn your life around. dont have friends? make some! make some female friends! if you keep telling yourself that people wont like you because you think youre too ugly, thats exactly how its going to be. try to be positive. start with just being friends and then see if it turns into something more

seriously with the surgeries though. not everything needs surgery. you can get your brows waxed or pluck them yourself, and im sure there are vitamins that can help with hair growth

but yeah, lighten up! the only reason you aren't enjoying your prime years is because youre not letting yourself

im 19 and have never been in a relationship either so im not too far behind you lol

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 04/18/2014 7:24 am

When I said brow reduction I meant my frontal bone sticks out too far above my eyes and looks primitive. Before I get the hair transplant done they need to make an incision above the new hairline in the scalp and peel back the forehead skin to burr down, refine, and possible fracture set back the entire brow bone using metal plates.

However, the transplant temple hair and 1 inch transplanted hairline lowering should make the biggest difference.

Also I texted this girl and just asked her out but I can already tell she'll flake out.

Everyone tells me Im funny etc so there's nothing wrong with my personality.

I guess I should be thankful I have a forum to vent my frusterations. Keeps me somewhat sane.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/18/2014 8:48 pm

In my opinion, the use of the word ugly is very subjective. Two individuals can look at someone and have two vastly different opinions of the same person. Believe it or not, most teens and adults go through these thoughts to varying degrees so you're not alone. I find that when i get down about my appearance, i self improve (work out or teach myself a new skill) or reach out to others (i volunteer, give back, etc).

Sometimes we have no control overthings like our acne and its best to do what we can and leave the rest up to the man upstairs.

A colleague of mine said it best:'sometimes you gotta fake it till you make i it'

MemberMember
(@handsomedead94)

Posted : 04/19/2014 1:49 am

I agree with the dude above me. REMEMEBER that beatiful people are quite rare when you think about it. The rest of us are more or less in the same boat. the best thing you can do for yourself is self improve. Once you do that there will be the beatiful people people who admire your self respect and if they dont well fuck them.

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 04/19/2014 9:43 am

A colleague of mine said it best:'sometimes you gotta fake it till you make i it'

My colleague said the same thing and I agree. It's especially true for my field of work.
I know Im shallow but it sucks not getting approached and validated by women like the 6.5/10+ looking guys do.